Fine Gael are going to have to become a movement if they want to get in Government again and indeed remain a/the major party.
Fianna Fáil are a movement and I think that Fine Gael members should study them.
From my experience of being in Fine Gael the "do-ers" really are nice people and are republicans. However the party has a lot of hangers-on who are misfits.
- I think that Fine Gael are going to have to become a movement like Fianna Fáil in that all members really subscribe to the ideals of working with Nationalist people, in particular, in the North to bring about a united Ireland. And subscribe to the aspiration that the country will become truly bilingual in terms of the Irish and English languages.
- I think Fine Gael need to get rid of the idea that Fianna Fáil are inherently corrupt.
- Fine Gael need to get rid of the misfits.
- Change your meetings location (they shouldn't be in pubs anyway)- the hangers on are so conservative that most of them would not bother with the new routine.
- We live in the 21s century and the social media has value. Get some good posters on Politics.ie; start websites and write reasonably humanely on them.
- One person can make all the difference and if you hear what I am saying then you will really think about what I am saying.