Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 29 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Lutton what he stands for.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Lutton what he stands for.

QUESTIONS from unionist Mid Ulster voters about the stance of unionist unity candidate Nigel Lutton on the Union Flag protests and other issues have vanished from his official website.
    Voters

Questions about Mr Lutton’s position on several policy areas were raised on a Facebook page set up just days ago by his campaign team.

There had been questions about whether Mr Lutton supported the flag protests and whether he was in favour of Sinn Fein being allowed to be in government.

There were also observations from some Mid Ulster voters that after several days the questions had not been answered. But yesterday afternoon 11 comments on the page were removed.

Last night Ms Sherrard, one of those who had been asking some of the questions, confirmed that she had not removed her comments and said: “They must have removed them.”

She told the News Letter: “I had asked him what he thought of the flag protests and if he supported them. I also asked him if he would be sitting with Sinn Fein or be a puppet of the DUP and UUP.

“I also asked him if he had a voice of his own or whether they would do that for him.

“I wanted him to tell the people of Mid Ulster why we should vote for him as he hasn’t been near my house canvassing. I’m raging that they have removed my comments as there are a lot of people in Mid Ulster who want answers.”

They seek him here, they seek him there
    Those unionists seek him everywhere
    Is he in heaven or is he in hell?
    That demned elusive luttonel.

petunia

I wonder if the people of mid ulster will get their answers.
    Search it out for yourself and then work out the reasoning petunia

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

He's King Canute trying to hold back the tide of history. Innit.

Do town and country dwellers have radically different prospects?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Q. Lutton what he stands for?

The DUP, with poodle Mike TV embarrassingly nodding his head vigorously in agreement even though he hasn't heard what Robbo has said yet. Then when the unity muscles need to be flexed, wheel out his father's memory to stir the pot. Any wonder McCallister facked aff.

If unionism had any brains it would be gently stroking the hair of Irish/NI nationalists whom they seem to be convinced want to be good, obedient subjects of the UK that the Spotlight poll has clearly illustrated, but no, that would be too reasonable...?

Enjoy being represented by Francie Molloy, who will no doubt within the next few weeks, be linked to Lutton senior's death.
    'Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness'.

Politics.ie Member Global Justice's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

He hasn't a hope in hell. Have you seen him in action? I apologise if he has a speech problem or in the early symptoms of dementia, but the Wullie is a better orator than this no-mark

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

A great debate topic, it's a shame he's not here or that people are not really interviewing him to find out.

Politics.ie Member between the bridges's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

He stands for unionist unity! Which in reality is non existent, 'unionism' includes every shade from alliance voters to those who think the TUV are lightweight moderates.
    The time Rodney Connors lost by 4 votes there where approx 15 spoilt ballots with TUV scrawled across them and like most PUL in Fermanagh i could tell you 4 unionist voters that didn't vote for Connors!

In my ideal world this guy would win and then join the new unionist party!
    Nec Aspera Terrent..Is Tuaisceart-Éireannach mé. Má tá meas agat ar mo chultúr, beidh meas agam ar do chultúr.

Johnny Boy

Quote Originally Posted by between the bridges View Post
    He stands for unionist unity! Which in reality is non existent, 'unionism' includes every shade from alliance voters to those who think the TUV are lightweight moderates.
    The time Rodney Connors lost by 4 votes there where approx 15 spoilt ballots with TUV scrawled across them and like most PUL in Fermanagh i could tell you 4 unionist voters that didn't vote for Connors!
    Whinge all you like about spoilt/split votes -the same applies on both sides. There were probably more republican dissidents abstaining last time around, all told, than unionists, for whatever reason. The constituency has had a nationalist majority for at least 40 years and that has been growing slowly.
    The fact that a unionist unity candidate can no longer win it even with a split nationalist vote, suggests that it is probably never going to swing unionist ever again.
    Unionists are not a homogenous bunch anyway. If I was born into a unionist family and grew up genuinely believing in that cause, there is no way I'd ever want to be represented by bible thumping Neanderthals who want to impose their religious values on society by means of political legislation. Therefore I wouldn't vote for someone who did, just to win a sectarian dick measuring contest.

Do town and country dwellers have radically different prospects?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by between the bridges View Post

In my ideal world this guy would win and then join the new unionist party!
    That is a welcomed development. Pass me the vokda!
    'Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness'.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Boy View Post
    Whinge all you like about spoilt/split votes -the same applies on both sides. There were probably more republican dissidents abstaining last time around, all told, than unionists, for whatever reason. The constituency has had a nationalist majority for at least 40 years and that has been growing slowly.
    The fact that a unionist unity candidate can no longer win it even with a split nationalist vote, suggests that it is probably never going to swing unionist ever again.
    Unionists are not a homogenous bunch anyway. If I was born into a unionist family and grew up genuinely believing in that cause, there is no way I'd ever want to be represented by bible thumping Neanderthals who want to impose their religious values on society by means of political legislation. Therefore I wouldn't vote for someone who did, just to win a sectarian dick measuring contest.
    Agree with a fair amount of what you say, would be more inclined to vote for particular members of the SDLP than say Poots or Willie McCrea.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

TUV/DUP/UU Candidate refuses TV debate with Francie Molloy. NOT easy explaining where all of Above stand For & Against Good Fri Agreement.
    Martin McGuinness.

Page 1 of 29 1234511 ... LastLast