Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: David Begg: "The Troika has done more damage to Ireland than Britain ever did in 800 years"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default David Begg: "The Troika has done more damage to Ireland than Britain ever did in 800 years"

"The Troika has done more damage to Ireland than Britain ever did in 800 years," said David Begg, head of the Irish Confederation of Trade Unions.
    Mr Begg said the image of Ireland as the poster-child of EU recovery was a myth culitivated by EU creditors whose only interest is to recoup their money.
    "At least the IMF officials are willing to admit they have been wrong but the EU officials are total ideologues."

EU 'Troika' rule in Ireland worse than British Empire

Dave will now be granted Europhobe immortality by Irish Skeps & no doubt treated like Royalty by the Yookys henceforth.

These remarks may well be forever referred to by all Anti-EU Movements.

Recently Snipper Mac stated that "our relationship with the EU had turned sour".

Niamh Lyons, Dr Karen Devine, Dave Mac, Prof Ray Kinsella, The Dunph, Matt Cooper, Vin B - are all none too hot on the EU at the mo.

Could we be seeing the beginning of a new rapport with Brussels as Berlo et al refresh the Eurozone Crisis & the Brexit debate looms whilst the True Finns grow from strength to strength in parallel????

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Overpaid union boss comes out with typical blame game hyperbole. Slow news day so.
    "There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." Ernest Hemingway

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Unsurprising that the Telegraph are reporting this, it plays to their ideology perfectly.

Have the Troika sat on their hands while a famine has killed one million and led to the emigration of at least another million in the past five years? No? Well then Begg should STFU. The man is an idiot and a hypocrite; it was thanks to him and his friend Bertie that 'social partnership' led to the destruction of the State's finances. He should be watering his pot plants in his retirement home, not lecturing the rest of us on history.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What damage have they actually done?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Collective bargaining has kept the ordinary Irish people under far more restraint than Mr.Begg concedes.
    Boycott the "Irish" Sun rag.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yeah, well I suppose the brits supported an admisitrative monster like the cs/ps, that had been left as is for the last 800 years. The troika (ore more likely the defecit), has exposed the need to change it radically!

So I suppose, the man is right, it has caused more damage to those that he represents!! I mean look, didnt they loose the kings birthday
    The true "front line workers" are the private sector paye employees who are first to take the bullet. Cannon fodder for their state and the public sector.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Begg is a tool. He sat in the board of banks whilst all the shte was happening. He is just one of an entire generation of so called leaders that failed the Irish people and will go off in to the sunset comfortable whilst we try to pick up the pieces for ourselves and our children. I hate to say it but if I saw him or O'Connor or Fitz or Cowen on the street I might not be held responsible for my actions.
    Life is hard
    That's why no-one survives

Politics.ie Member Socratus O' Pericles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

EU officials are total ideologues
    There's a smidgin of truth in that.

Also I didn't see any of them taking a paycut ,despite the fact that they did such an appaling job.

I'd suggest 21% plus an enhanced contribution to their gold plated rolls royce pension.
    The truth of an idea is not a stagnant property inherent in it. Truth happens to an idea. It becomes true, is made true by events.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wexfordman View Post
    Yeah, well I suppose the brits supported an admisitrative monster like the cs/ps, that had been left as is for the last 800 years. The troika (ore more likely the defecit), has exposed the need to change it radically!

So I suppose, the man is right, it has caused more damage to those that he represents!! I mean look, didnt they loose the kings birthday
    The word is lose. If you are going to spout shte at least spell it correctly.
    Life is hard
    That's why no-one survives

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Even in context David Begg speaks a good of nonsense there. Worse than 800 years of British rule, worse than the Famine which is within the 800 years?

Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast