Follow @PoliticsIE
 
 
 
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 82

Thread: British State terrorism. From Ireland to Syria.

  1. #1
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    27,938
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default British State terrorism. From Ireland to Syria.

    Interesting article from Finian Cunningham, a Belfast journalist writing for Press TV.
    PressTV - British state terrorism from Northern Ireland to Syria
    The use of death squads, black-ops and proxy gangs in Ireland is now undeniable.
    In Iraq we saw the arrest of 2 British soldiers dressed as local Arabs with a car full of bombs. (At a time when Shia markets and processions were being attacked, allegedly by Anti-US/Uk fighters.)
    That was a clear attempt by the British to turn Iraqi Shias and Sunnis against each other and distract anti Imperialists.

    In the 90's British officers trained the Kosovo Liberation Army in military tactics. The KLA was recently described as "Al Qaeda in Europe".
    Now, in Syria we see Willie Hague promising to send more effective weapons to the most brutal and extreme terrorist groups in the Middle East, for the sole purpose of furthering British National interests. British arms manufacturing is a multi billion pound industry. Foreign wars are good for business.

    The article is well written and informative, but no doubt would be censored by an Irish newspaper, and Mr Cunningham would find it hard to find a job in the world of the Irish servile media with it's pro-Establishment agenda.
    Our media is just about crowd-control.

  2. #2

  3. #3
    Politics.ie Member eoghanacht's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    sitting on my toilet.
    Posts
    33,357
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Des Valera View Post
    The English and the Nazis... birds of a feather.


    Much as I rightly criticise Britain's hypocritical foreign policy that statement is ridiculous.
    Britain operated death squads - ''97% of the Loyalists I interviewed were working directly for the State.'' - Nuala O'Loan. #FreeAhedTamimi

  4. #4
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Ard Mhacha
    Posts
    657
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    You blast the Brits for using death squads and false flag attacks to foster sectarianism... yet you back Assad, who's doing the very same thing.

    In Ireland, the Brits had sectarian Protestant, loyalist paramilitaries (the UVF and UDA).
    In Syria, the Assad regime has sectarian Alawite, loyalist paramilitaries (the Shabeeha).

    In Ireland, the Brits had a sectarian Protestant, loyalist militia as a part of its army (the UDR).
    In Syria, the Assad regime has a sectarian Alawite, loyalist militia as part of its army (the Jaysh al-Sha'bi).

    The Assad regime is the one who gains from sectarian strife. If it can paint the whole opposition as sectarian Sunnis bent on killing all non-Sunnis, all the non-Sunnis will side with the regime. So it carries out false-flag attacks in Shia/Christian areas and blames it on Sunnis, and carries out false-flag attacks in Sunni areas and blames it on Shias/Christians. Then it arms regime loyalists and criminal gangs in those Shia/Christian neighborhoods. These loyalists and criminal gangs use protection rackets to control their neighborhoods, and the regime promises to turn a blind eye if they stay on side. The security forces tell the residents that they better help the regime or they'll be arrested (and tortured), or that their neighborhood will be open to attack from regime artillery.

  5. #5
    Politics.ie Member Astral Peaks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    25,995
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    An OP based on an article on Press TV?

    Deficient from the start........
    "Don't need a whore, I don't need no booze, don't need a virgin priest."

  6. #6
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    27,938
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bandheacseoir View Post
    You blast the Brits for using death squads and false flag attacks to foster sectarianism... yet you back Assad, who's doing the very same thing.

    In Ireland, the Brits had sectarian Protestant, loyalist paramilitaries (the UVF and UDA).
    In Syria, the Assad regime has sectarian Alawite, loyalist paramilitaries (the Shabeeha).

    In Ireland, the Brits had a sectarian Protestant, loyalist militia as a part of its army (the UDR).
    In Syria, the Assad regime has a sectarian Alawite, loyalist militia as part of its army (the Jaysh al-Sha'bi).

    The Assad regime is the one who gains from sectarian strife. If it can paint the whole opposition as sectarian Sunnis bent on killing all non-Sunnis, all the non-Sunnis will side with the regime. So it carries out false-flag attacks in Shia/Christian areas and blames it on Sunnis, and carries out false-flag attacks in Sunni areas and blames it on Shias/Christians. Then it arms regime loyalists and criminal gangs in those Shia/Christian neighborhoods. These loyalists and criminal gangs use protection rackets to control their neighborhoods, and the regime promises to turn a blind eye if they stay on side. The security forces tell the residents that they better help the regime or they'll be arrested (and tortured), or that their neighborhood will be open to attack from regime artillery.
    The issue is British fomenting of terror groups in Ireland and abroad, not necessarily a thread about Syria.
    There are other threads based on the intricacies of Syria already without de-railing this.
    Do you object to the article from the journalist and refute the allegations?

  7. #7
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    27,938
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Astral Peaks View Post
    An OP based on an article on Press TV?

    Deficient from the start........
    Why?
    The author went through the same education system as many of us.
    Maybe he's writing for Press T.V, as he'd get sacked by our "free press" for writing such an article.

  8. #8
    Politics.ie Member sgtharper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Irish Desk, Thames House
    Posts
    10,810
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth.ie View Post
    Interesting article from Finian Cunningham, a Belfast journalist writing for Press TV.
    Riiiiight, no sign of an agenda there at all then I suppose?
    PressTV - British state terrorism from Northern Ireland to Syria
    The use of death squads, black-ops and proxy gangs in Ireland is now undeniable.
    No it isn't, at best it's debateable, but hardly "undeniable".
    In Iraq we saw the arrest of 2 British soldiers dressed as local Arabs with a car full of bombs.
    No, you didn't, you saw two British soldiers dressed as locals with the arms and equipment one would expect them to have in such a dangerous place and role. They didnt' have "bombs" BTW, they had hand-grenades, unsurprisingly.
    (At a time when Shia markets and processions were being attacked, allegedly by Anti-US/Uk fighters.)
    Yeah, and having made one sloppy assumption you're now well on your way to making yet another I take it?
    That was a clear attempt by the British to turn Iraqi Shias and Sunnis against each other and distract anti Imperialists.
    Of course, I mean the Shia and Sunnis needed lots of encouragement in order to get tore into one another. Christ, it was only the brutality of Saddam that stopped them slaughtering each other over the previous 30 plus years!
    In the 90's British officers trained the Kosovo Liberation Army in military tactics .
    Did they? Source please!
    The KLA was recently described as "Al Qaeda in Europe"
    Was it? By whom? And so what anyway? Sometimes military training from Western Armies is given in an attempt to introduce some level of discipline and improved behaviour in what were recently little more than armed gangs. Probably too much information for you there I know.
    Now, in Syria we see Willie Hague promising to send more effective weapons to the most brutal and extreme terrorist groups in the Middle East, for the sole purpose of furthering British National interests.
    Has he? How do you know it's solely for "furthering British National Interests", could there not be other reasons? Other considerations? And why do you think its' wrong to pursue one's national interests? Are there any countries on the planet who only pursue other nation's interests? Could it not even be the case that as far as the Middle East is concerned Britain's national interests might chime with most of the world's interests as well?

    British arms manufacturing is a multi billion pound industry.
    Second biggest in the world apparently.
    Foreign wars are good for business.
    Leaving aside your casual assumptions, just what British weaponry is being used in the Syrian civil war at the moment? What exactly has Hague promised?

    The article is well written and informative,
    No it's not, it's a piece of laughable, simplistic agitprop based almost entirely it seems on his own prejudices and world view, and with few hard facts and a great deal of bias and assumption.
    but no doubt would be censored by an Irish newspaper,
    Probably, on the grounds that it's one-sided tripe written for an uncritical audience and exactly what one expects from Press TV.
    and Mr Cunningham would find it hard to find a job in the world of the Irish servile media with it's pro-Establishment agenda.
    I'd suggest he'd find it hard to find a job selling the Big Issue, never mind in any serious, reputable media for the simple reason that he writes drivel, and one-sided opinionated drivel at that.
    Last edited by sgtharper; 27th February 2013 at 10:01 PM. Reason: Error.
    “There are probably more annoying things than being hectored about African development by a wealthy Irish rock star in a cowboy hat, but I can’t think of one at the moment.”

  9. #9
    Politics.ie Member Astral Peaks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    25,995
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth.ie View Post
    Why?
    The author went through the same education system as many of us.
    Maybe he's writing for Press T.V, as he'd get sacked by our "free press" for writing such an article
    .
    Ever consider why that might be?
    "Don't need a whore, I don't need no booze, don't need a virgin priest."

  10. #10
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    5,208
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth.ie View Post
    The issue is British fomenting of terror groups in Ireland and abroad, not necessarily a thread about Syria.
    There are other threads based on the intricacies of Syria already without de-railing this.
    Do you object to the article from the journalist and refute the allegations?
    The Soviets and Gaddaffi supported the Provisional IRA just as in the past, the Spanish supported the Earls of Tyrone and Tyrconnell, the French Revolutionaries supported the United Irishmen, the Germans armed both the Irish Volunteers and the UVF and the Nazis supported the IRA during World War 2.

    It is arguable that a number of Irish American Senators and a number of Irish Americans in key positions in the CIA and FBI were not too bothered that money and arms were flowing to the Provos either. Generally speaking the U.S. was happy to see the ebb of British and French power post World War 2. They hated the Soviets doubtlessly but don't forget they also wanted to see the eclipse of Old World imperialism.

    The Soviets also supported counter-gangs of their own - Action Directe in France, RAF in Germany, the Red Brigades in Italy, the PFLP and Fatah in Palestine and "liberation" and guerrilla groups in a host of Third World countries.

    Israel is said to have been instrumental in supplying captured Arab weapons from the 1967 and 1973 wars to the Afghan Mujihadeen when they were requested by Texas congressman Charlie Wilson. Israel also encouraged the rise of Hamas at the expense of Fatah during the 1980s.

    A significant minority of people in the Irish Republic in politics, the media, academia, the Catholic Church, business community, the entertainment industry, sporting bodies and much more sympathized with the Provos. For much of the history of the Troubles there was a nod and a wink agreement that as long as Provo violence was kept North of the border the powers that be in the south were not too worried. If there was any threat to the Republic of Ireland they came down on them like a ton of bricks but as regards threats to the North the authorities in the south were curiously slow to act.
    Last edited by Hitch 22; 27th February 2013 at 10:00 PM.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •