Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Irish pay some of the highest consumption and sales taxes in the world

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default The Irish pay some of the highest consumption and sales taxes in the world

This will help with the government endeavours to get visitors to this island and in their aspirations for a "Gathering". The Irish pay the highest tax on petrol in the world and we pay more then most on day to day consumer items.

Of course anyone that goes for the messages or puts petrol into their car would have been able to tell you that.

A new international report reveals that the Irish consumers pay more tax on day to day consumer items compared to other countries and pay the world's highest tax on our petrol.

The report published today in Ireland shows that we have the sixth highest level of consumption and sales taxes in the world including goods such as groceries; wine; petrol; home energy products and professional services, with the Irish Government taking 15.8pc of the total price of a basket of goods and services.
    BUSINESS WORLD - Irish tax on goods among world's highest
    ‘The Great only appear great because we are on our knees: Let Us Rise!’ “ (James Larkin)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I don't suppose you'd like to revise your thread title would you?
    I'm living in America, and in America, you're on your own. America's not a country. It's just a business. Now f***ing pay me.

We need these taxes to help pay for things like mobility allowances for the disabled.

Oh....
    I have no money, but I love my life.

Quote Originally Posted by Sync View Post
    6th/1st, same thing
    I have no money, but I love my life.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sync View Post
    The article states we pay the highest fuel taxes and are 6th overall in the world for our tax burden. If you want to change it to read "Irish taxes amongst the highest in the world" that would be fine as it is reflected in the article as such. Did you read it?
    ‘The Great only appear great because we are on our knees: Let Us Rise!’ “ (James Larkin)

Boggle

Quote Originally Posted by ShoutingIsLeadership View Post
    We need these taxes to help pay for things like mobility allowances for the disabled.

Oh....
    And roads...

Oh....

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

And apparently we're a 'low tax' economy, if you believe the junta.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The article is correct Eire has among the highest rates of VAT in the EU, and the highest taxes on fuel.

We're getting ripped off and worse it correctly points out that this damages the domestic economy greatly.

Ireland is expensive and about to get more expensive with water metering and a household tax. Add to that the usual problems and silly taxes like paying for cheques and a levy on credit and debit cards. I'm sure FG are pondering if they should fit "air meters" to people so you have to pay to breath.

The UK raised it's VAT rate heavily and has paid a huge price they've been stripped of their credit rating, their economy is a mess too overburdened with high VAT rates. Big names have gone from the high street Jessops, HMV, Woolworths, Comet all victims of Tory/FG blue shirt policies that HURT business and consumers.

VAT kills growth and jobs it must be cut and now

Politics.ie Member Astral Peaks's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ulster-Lad View Post
    The article states we pay the highest fuel taxes and are 6th overall in the world for our tax burden. If you want to change it to read "Irish taxes amongst the highest in the world" that would be fine as it is reflected in the article as such. Did you read it?
    The title is misleading as it imples that you are talking about income taxes.

Not secondary VAT and sales tax.
    "Don't need a whore, I don't need no booze, don't need a virgin priest."

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Astral Peaks View Post
    The title is misleading as it imples that you are talking about income taxes.

Not secondary VAT and sales tax.
    A tax is a tax however you try to dress it up.
    I'd love to suck petrol off a tree but the reality is I have to buy it and pay heavy taxes on it.

Time to get real a bit here..

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast