Follow @PoliticsIE
 
 
 
Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 142

Thread: A "special" deal for teachers?

  1. #1
    Politics.ie Member ger12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    48,228
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default A "special" deal for teachers?

    Have the teachers unions negotiated the equalization of conditions specifically for new teachers, which doesn't apply to other public sector workers? Nurses and doctors take the cuts but teachers don't because?

    Help me out here folks. I don't believe that any public sector worker (myself included) can avoid some more pain given the States economic circumstances, but the burden sharing surely has to be fair?

    If I'm off the mark, off to the zoo I must go. But if this is true, why would government appear to act so unfairly?
    At 12 weeks the “clump of cells” toes curl, her mouth makes sucking movements, she has a human face and if you prod the tummy she will move in response

  2. #2
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,819
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ger12 View Post
    Have the teachers unions negotiated the equalization of conditions specifically for new teachers, which doesn't apply to other public sector workers? Nurses and doctors take the cuts but teachers don't because?

    Help me out here folks. I don't believe that any public sector worker (myself included) can avoid some more pain given the States economic circumstances, but the burden sharing surely has to be fair?

    If I'm off the mark, off to the zoo I must go. But if this is true, why would government appear to act so unfairly?
    Because Doran is a dyed in the woll FFer and they are going to ************************ you to get at him. Also the teachers didn't walk out.

  3. #3
    Politics.ie Member macs magic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,207
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by happytuesdays View Post
    Because Doran is a dyed in the woll FFer and they are going to ************************ you to get at him. Also the teachers didn't walk out.
    You think the Teachers got their special deal in the middle of the night????? very naive

    What is the biggest profession that populates the Dail??????

  4. #4
    Politics.ie Member wombat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    31,215
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Default

    Not sure about a special deal - won't know until details are published tomorrow.

  5. #5
    Politics.ie Member Prester Jim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    dublin and cork
    Posts
    10,026
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ger12 View Post
    Have the teachers unions negotiated the equalization of conditions specifically for new teachers, which doesn't apply to other public sector workers? Nurses and doctors take the cuts but teachers don't because?

    Help me out here folks. I don't believe that any public sector worker (myself included) can avoid some more pain given the States economic circumstances, but the burden sharing surely has to be fair?

    If I'm off the mark, off to the zoo I must go. But if this is true, why would government appear to act so unfairly?
    I am losing about €850 after tax as a result of the substitution supervision and will be affected by the increment freeze as I am only on point 5.
    I didn't hear about any equalisation for post 2011 teachers, there should be this for teachers and everyone else with a cut for all of 1-5% (dependent on earning) to allow it to happen.
    I don't think it is a good idea to buy into the divide and conquer strategy though so I would be careful and sure before getting angry.
    Nothing has been accepted yet anyway.

  6. #6
    Politics.ie Member Prester Jim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    dublin and cork
    Posts
    10,026
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by macs magic View Post
    You think the Teachers got their special deal in the middle of the night????? very naive

    What is the biggest profession that populates the Dail??????
    Politicians?




    The only politicians that are still what they were before are the ones that have earning business like a pub, or a law practice etc.
    No politician I have ever heard of has lowered themselves to go back in front of a class after losing the seat.

  7. #7
    Politics.ie Member making waves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    18,561
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Troll alert - daily teacher-bashing thread up and running
    Separate Church and State

  8. #8
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    22,721
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Because people on this site and every other organ of the media never stopped whining about the poor young entrant teachers and how those scumbag unions sold them out and feather-bedded their senior colleagues instead, ....

    ....and how they'd have some respect for those unions if only they'd stood up for the young teachers and shafted the old ones....

    So naturally that's what they did when they got the chance...

    This is a fairly good deal for young teachers...but any senior post-holder or Deputy or Assistant Principal at the top of their scale and on 65k will get whacked...

    I presume all those who posted here with their heart bleeding for young teachers and excoriating teacher unions, will be opening champagne tonight....

  9. #9
    Politics.ie Member Prester Jim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    dublin and cork
    Posts
    10,026
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gatsbygirl20 View Post
    Because people on this site and every other organ of the media never stopped whining about the poor young entrant teachers and how those scumbag unions sold them out and feather-bedded their senior colleagues instead, ....

    ....and how they'd have some respect for those unions if only they'd stood up for the young teachers and shafted the old ones....

    So naturally that's what they did when they got the chance...

    This is a fairly good deal for young teachers...but any senior post-holder or Deputy or Assistant Principal at the top of their scale and on 65k will get whacked...

    I presume all those who posted here with their heart bleeding for young teachers and excoriating teacher unions, will be opening champagne tonight....
    So it is true?
    Fair play to them.
    A pity the other unions didn't do the same for their members.
    How is this to be spun that the teachers are bad guys?
    They looked after the new entrant, the other unions focussed on the senior members...

  10. #10
    Politics.ie Member ger12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    48,228
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by making waves View Post
    Troll alert - daily teacher-bashing thread up and running
    Hold on, I'm not bashing teachers or nurses or doctors. I've just listened to Minister Howlin on playback weakly explain why the graduates nurses scheme is "different". This won't wash. We are all in this together aren't we?

    Newstalk -
    At 12 weeks the “clump of cells” toes curl, her mouth makes sucking movements, she has a human face and if you prod the tummy she will move in response

Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •