Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 132 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Quinn is making ground, he is not finished yet!!!

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Quinn is making ground, he is not finished yet!!!

Quinns seek lifting of court orders - The Irish Times - Mon, Feb 25, 2013

The family of bankrupt businessman Sean Quinn has claimed the insolvency of Irish Bank Resolution Corporation means the courts must urgently lift orders freezing their accounts below €50 million each and preventing them transferring assets in their international property group. The bank's undertaking for damges on foot of which it got those orders is now "valueless", the family claim.

Alternatively, the family say the special liquidators of IBRC must lodge up to US$500 million dollars in court to meet any claim for damages should they win the case.

Mr Justice Peter Kelly said the matter was urgent and he would hear it next Monday. The price of an injunction is an undertaking for damages from the party seeking that injunction and it would be wrong to permit a "worthless" or "hollow" undertaking" from an insolvent entity, he said.

Looks like quinn is getting places
    he may be the big winner yet
    if he is proven correct
    there will be a lot of questions to answer

Decision made today 15/03/13

http://www.rte.ie/news/2013/0315/376862-quinns-ibrc/
    [B]
    The decision means the action by Patricia Quinn and her children can proceed once the criminal proceedings against former Anglo Irish Bank chairman Seán FitzPatrick and two senior Anglo executives are concluded.

The Quinns allege they have no liability for some €2.34bn loans advanced by Anglo to Quinn companies on grounds those loans were unlawfully made to prop up the bank's share price

And what about all the other rats at the top of Irish society who are still free

Sean Quinn cost the taxpayer 3 billion
    aib cost the taxpayer 13 billion
    anglo cost the taxpayer 30 billion
    boi cost the taxpayer 3 billion

so wake up clowns, Sean Quinn deserves all he gets

but what has happened to the other rats

NOTHING
    Last edited by kkkkkkkkkk; 14th August 2013 at 06:02 PM.
    Why is the Legal Profession still SELF REGULATED in the year 2015, this is a crazy situation.

Politics.ie Member NewGoldDream's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Oooooooooooooooh.

Good point in fairness, the undertaking as to damages is a bedrock to injunctive relief.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It will take Sean "Sure I made mistakes, but who hasn't" Quinn a long time to accept he's goosed
    There is no Keyser Soze

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by paulp View Post
    It will take Sean "Sure I made mistakes, but who hasn't" Quinn a long time to accept he's goosed
    Maybe he's not.
    #3amigos

Politics.ie Member NewGoldDream's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by paulp View Post
    In fairness to him, whatever about the rights and wrongs, and I think he's done a lot of wrong, this is a good point that should not be lost in whether people approve of him or not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I've a feeling he will win out and once again it will be taxpayers money used to compensate him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

He makes a good point, I imagine that the government will just front the 500m fund rather than let him off the hook though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It's not a very good point at all, I would think. The Legislation winding up Anglo gives the Minister power to transfer the former Anglo's assets and Liabilities. All the court needs to see is some Ministerial order and hey-presto, case is thrown out.
    "......... we must sometimes listen to those who, consumed with zeal, have scant judgment or balance. To such ones the modern world is nothing but betrayal and ruin.........We feel bound to disagree with these prophets of doom who are forever forecasting calamity -- as though the world's end were imminent."

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default down with that sort of thing

the biggest witchhunt ever seen in this state i hope nama can pull him to oneside look lets do a deal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WTFcitizen View Post
    the biggest witchhunt ever seen in this state i hope nama can pull him to oneside look lets do a deal
    Why should a deal be done with Quinn?

Page 1 of 132 123451151101 ... LastLast