Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: FF and SF the feared coalition??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default FF and SF the feared coalition??

I've heard this mentioned many times with the recent surge in FF support. In many discussions many people have expressed a fear of a possible "Coalition of corruption" emerging between FF and SF after the next general election. The fear is this would bring together the country's two most corrupt political groupings. FF the gombeen party who destroyed the country and whose former leaders and senior party figures were the focus of endless tribunals.

On the other side SF/IRA who controlled the rackets and organised crime in the country for the last 30 plus years. How likely is this to happen? Would FF go into coalition with SF? Martin is attacking SF now but we all know FF in oppostion bare no resemblance to FF in government? Will this possible coalition be a disaster for the state and the final nail in the coffin?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Would you emigrate if they did Johnnny?
    Britain operated death squads - ''97% of the Loyalists I interviewed were working directly for the State.'' - Nuala O'Loan. #FreeAhedTamimi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eoghanacht View Post
    Would you emigrate if they did Johnnny?
    No and try dealing with the OP!

Politics.ie Member Marcos the black's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by johnny365 View Post
    I've heard this mentioned many times with the recent surge in FF support. In many discussions many people have expressed a fear of a possible "Coalition of corruption" emerging between FF and SF after the next general election. The fear is this would bring together the country's two most corrupt political groupings. FF the gombeen party who destroyed the country and whose former leaders and senior party figures were the focus of endless tribunals.

On the other side SF/IRA who controlled the rackets and organised crime in the country for the last 30 plus years. How likely is this to happen? Would FF go into coalition with SF? Martin is attacking SF now but we all know FF in oppostion bare no resemblance to FF in government? Will this possible coalition be a disaster for the state and the final nail in the coffin?
    neither would ever get into govt again if they did...
    You'll never go broke appealing to the lowest common denominator.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes, FF and SF would coalesce but not until G Adams steps down.

FF can't be see to have anything to do with him and his murderous background.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

No and try dealing with the OP!

With shrieking madness like 'Will this possible coalition be a disaster for the state and the final nail in the coffin?'

How can you expect to be taking seriously? How would it destroy the State Johnny?
    Britain operated death squads - ''97% of the Loyalists I interviewed were working directly for the State.'' - Nuala O'Loan. #FreeAhedTamimi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bren Boru View Post
    Yes, FF and SF would coalesce but not until G Adams steps down.

FF can't be see to have anything to do with him and his murderous background.
    Maybe so, could a possible Trevor Sargent like situation with the FF/Green coalition be possible here?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eoghanacht View Post
    With shrieking madness like 'Will this possible coalition be a disaster for the state and the final nail in the coffin?'

How can you expect to be taking seriously? How would it destroy the State Johnny?
    FF have already nearly destroyed the state and SF/IRA tried for 30 years to do so.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Maybe so, could a possible Trevor Sargent like situation with the FF/Green coalition be possible here?
    Possibly. Grizzly could see it as his final act as a true "statesman". An act if redemption if you like.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marcos the black View Post
    neither would ever get into govt again if they did...

Thats a given, according to the OP the state would cease to exist

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast