Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 49 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Bertie Ahern's Tax Status... is he compliant yet ?

Politics.ie Member rockofcashel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Bertie Ahern's Tax Status... is he compliant yet ?

Was having a look back at some old threads here and came across a few referring to Bertie Ahern's tax status...

In 2002 Bertie Ahern declared himself to be tax compliant, but was subsequently unable to furnish a tax clearance certificate after being elected in 2007, and lodged a considerable sum of money with Revenue in case a judgement was made against him... he was allowed continue as a TD and Taoiseach, because Revenue were still reviewing his case in light of allegations made in the Mahon Tribunal... however, that has subsequently reported, so Revenue should be able to work out whether he has any liability or not..

So, since then, has he settled up his affairs with Revenue ?

Did he have to make a further payment over and above what he lodged with Revenue ?

Was he tax compliant as he said he was in 2002 ?

If he hasn't settled with the Revenue, should the State be continuing to pay his a substantial pension from scarce State resources ?

Why hasn't Micheal Martin asked questions about this in the Dail ?
    1,197 people agree with me.. how many agree with you ?

Northern Ireland - without forgiveness, there is dysfunctionality.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My immediate response when I seen the title was to burst out laffin....

Be careful now folks. You might say something controversial.

Remember Irish Defamation Law. Da Bert has "a right to good name" regardless of what activity he ever got up to in the past.
    Coveney's ambition is the be Ireland's next EU Commissar and Ireland will pay a price as he builds his CV to position himself sufficiently loyal to the nEU empire.

Politics.ie Member Nemesiscorporation's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
    My immediate response when I seen the title was to burst out laffin....

Be careful now folks. You might say something controversial.

Remember Irish Defamation Law. Da Bert has "a right to good name" regardless of what activity he ever got up to in the past.
    He has a right to a good name.

How would he define a good name as a matter of interest?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesiscorporation View Post
    He has a right to a good name.

How would he define a good name as a matter of interest?
    I've a few good names I could call him..

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rockofcashel View Post
    Was having a look back at some old threads here and came across a few referring to Bertie Ahern's tax status...

In 2002 Bertie Ahern declared himself to be tax compliant, but was subsequently unable to furnish a tax clearance certificate after being elected in 2007, and lodged a considerable sum of money with Revenue in case a judgement was made against him... he was allowed continue as a TD and Taoiseach, because Revenue were still reviewing his case in light of allegations made in the Mahon Tribunal... however, that has subsequently reported, so Revenue should be able to work out whether he has any liability or not..

Did he have to make a further payment over and above what he lodged with Revenue ?

If he hasn't settled with the Revenue, should the State be continuing to pay his a substantial pension from scarce State resources ?

Tricky Micky Martin does not ask questions relating to tax- money lodged in accounts - I wonder why??????

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lying eyes View Post
    Tricky Micky Martin does not ask questions relating to tax- money lodged in accounts - I wonder why??????
    Well he should.. I am pretty sure as potential Taoiseach, he should care about making sure all tax monies owed are collected.. shouldn't he

Northern Ireland - without forgiveness, there is dysfunctionality.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lying eyes View Post
    Well he should.. I am pretty sure as potential Taoiseach, he should care about making sure all tax monies owed are collected.. shouldn't he
    Second great laugh of this thread. But not as hilarious as the question about Ditherer's tax compliance.
    Coveney's ambition is the be Ireland's next EU Commissar and Ireland will pay a price as he builds his CV to position himself sufficiently loyal to the nEU empire.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

And given that article in the SBP about the Revenue withholding tax clearance certs from the self employed if they do not pay the property tax makes it all the more ironic a thread.
    The government and taxman only walk around like they have a big pair when dealing with the small guys.
    For anyone else its raisins in the sack.
    Amazing that!
    Its only a chat, we ain't the world council.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

In this country it is long established practice to maintain secrecy between Revenue and individual taxpayer. You are either a prized eejit for not knowing this or as is obvious only starting a thread to feed the eejits who subscribe to your eejitry. Is eejitry a word ?

Oh, as SF have a reputation for building a dossier on people perhaps you can request them to locate Ahern's file at Revenue ?
    People demonise Fianna Fail and they are entitled to do so but same people are not capable of answering a few awkward questions themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by oggy View Post
    In this country it is long established practice to maintain secrecy between Revenue and individual taxpayer. You are either a prized eejit for not knowing this or as is obvious only starting a thread to feed the eejits who subscribe to your eejitry. Is eejitry a word ?

Oh, as SF have a reputation for building a dossier on people perhaps you can request them to locate Ahern's file at Revenue ?
    Seeing as we're paying 3 grossly inflated pensions to Paddy Power's bête noire, who did most to ruin our economy, we should be able to find out if he's paid taxes on his winnings. Hopefully the Bon Jovies can locate his files.

Page 1 of 49 1234511 ... LastLast