Follow @PoliticsIE

Thread: What must Labour do to avoid annihilation?

Default What must Labour do to avoid annihilation?

It will come as a surprise to few that the Labour Party is in a bit of a tough spot - mostly of its own making. as things stand, it's on a one-way ticket to an electoral armageddon both in the locals next year (which is a bit unfortunate, as I believe the one area Labour is doing some good work is in the Local Authorities they have control over), and in the Generals later on. It is also obvious that the leadership of that Party either are oblivious to this oncoming onslaught, or simply don't care.

The reason for this thread is not to have a Joe Duffy-esque whinge about Labour or Labour Politicians - there are *plenty* of threads here and elsewhere with which to do that. This is an experiment in strategy - if you were made a Labour strategist this evening, what would you suggest the Party does to save itself?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

There's little they can do. They're screwed.

They lied and deceived the electorate to obtain power. . .so they'll lose a large amount of support they received in 2011.

Gilmore only cares about his pension and what extra money he can swing towards his family i.e - his wife in the form of taxpayers money before he sets off.

It takes a right eejit to believe he has any concerns for the Irish people. He is and has always been, a professional con artist.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Stop lying and spinning!

Start being honest and show some courage in settling the FG hash!

Get rid of the thick necks and multiple chins and make an effort to empathise with their electorate who had labour beliefs.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'm living in America, and in America, you're on your own. America's not a country. It's just a business. Now f***ing pay me.