Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 48 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: George Galloway - hyprocrite and bigot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default George Galloway - hyprocrite and bigot.

Scottish MP, George Galloway is no stranger to controversy. But he has been defended for his willingness to meet anyone with an open mind, free of judgment. In 1994, he met the genocidal Iraqi dictator, Saddam Hussein and told him, "Sir, I salute your courage, your strength, your indefatigability." So far, so eyebrow-raising. But like we said, he's willing to meet anyone, right?

Wrong. It seems that while mass-murderers who use nerve gas on their own populations are acceptable, ordinary Israeli citizens aren't. Last night, during a debate at Oxford University, Galloway stormed out when he realised he was debating with a young Israeli. He left the debating chamber shouting, "I don’t debate with Israelis”. I don't recognize Israeli citizens."

Now, surely even the most hardline anti-Israel person here will see the problem with this?

George Galloway storms out of a debate, refusing to talk to an Israeli. He
    George Galloway refuses to debate with Israeli student at Oxford | Politics | guardian.co.uk
    George Galloway accused of racism after refusing to debate with Israeli | The Sun |News
    Eagla agus eaglais: an bhfuil an fhréamh teangeolaíochta céanna acu?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shqiptar View Post
    Scottish MP, George Galloway is no stranger to controversy. But he has been defended for his willingness to meet anyone with an open mind, free of judgment. In 1994, he met the genocidal Iraqi dictator, Saddam Hussein and told him, "Sir, I salute your courage, your strength, your indefatigability." So far, so eyebrow-raising. But like we said, he's willing to meet anyone, right?

Wrong. It seems that while mass-murderers who use nerve gas on their own populations are acceptable, ordinary Israeli citizens aren't. Last night, during a debate at Oxford University, Galloway stormed out when he realised he was debating with a young Israeli. He left the debating chamber shouting, "I don’t debate with Israelis”. I don't recognize Israeli citizens."

Now, surely even the most hardline anti-Israel person here will see the problem with this?

George Galloway refuses to debate with Israeli student at Oxford | Politics | guardian.co.uk
    George Galloway accused of racism after refusing to debate with Israeli | The Sun |News
    just confirms him for the gob************************e he is

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

He has no problem supporting Assad and his goons who are butchering the people of Syria, no problem supporting Hezbollah or Hamas or the Iranian regime either.

****************************** him.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

2006 called. It wants to remind you that Galloway's a moron.

Galloway interrupted the third-year philosophy, politics and economics student at Brasenose college when Aslan-Levy used the word "we" in reference to Israel.

"You said 'we'," said Galloway. "Are you an Israeli?"

"I am, yes," Aslan-Levy replied.

"I don't debate with Israelis. I have been misled, sorry," Galloway said, standing and putting on his coat, then reiterating as he walked out: "I don't recognise Israel and I don't debate with Israelis."
    He's racist. It's plan and simple. If he'd refused to deal with a muslim, an arab or a Christian it would be the same thing.

Another Twitter user, who describes herself as a "proud mum" and "progressive Jew", asked Galloway: "Out of interest would you refuse to meet with a constituent if they had Israeli citizenship?"
    A pretty fair question.
    Last edited by Sync; 21st February 2013 at 04:26 PM.
    I'm living in America, and in America, you're on your own. America's not a country. It's just a business. Now f***ing pay me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

A decent man.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by walrusgumble View Post
    He is a critic of Israel and it's treatment and attitude towards Palestine, what did you expect?

Bit odd though that he refused to discuss with a Student (a highly educated one, it seems with the course he is doing), in England
    He openly supports terrorist attacks on Israel. He is a hated filled extremist piece of ******************************ing sh*t.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

He is a critic of Israel and it's treatment and attitude towards Palestine, what did you expect?

Bit odd though that he refused to discuss with a Student (a highly educated one, it seems with the course he is doing), in England
    A 'critic' who is not prepared to put his 'critisisms' to the test.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Bit odd though that he refused to discuss with a Student (a highly educated one, it seems with the course he is doing), in England. What was he afraid of?
    Losing.
    Put a thief among honest men and they will eventually relieve him of his watch. Flann O'Brien

Somewhere up in the Wicklow mountains digging an even deeper nuclear shelter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Bit odd though that he refused to discuss with a Student (a highly educated one, it seems with the course he is doing), in England. What was he afraid of?
    I would expect him to have the intelligence and good grace to debate with the young person, not treat him as a non-entity. Then again, he is George Galloway so his IQ is not the highest petunia
    If you continue to elect idiots in elections, don't be surprised when the result is an idiotic government.

Politics.ie Member Astral Peaks's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shqiptar View Post

It's Galloway.

Just a pimple on the ar$e of humanity......
    "Don't need a whore, I don't need no booze, don't need a virgin priest."

Page 1 of 48 1234511 ... LastLast