Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 146 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Bnp v gaa

Politics.ie Member between the bridges's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Bnp v gaa

BNP V GAA is this a case of Alleged Bigot's Attacking Alleged Bigots...

The British National Party in Northern Ireland has written a letter of complaint about the GAA to the Equality Commission.

“This creates an environment where unionists will feel intimidated, threatened and of less value than other citizens, because of their national identity.

“Effectively they are excluded from attending or participating in GAA in Northern Ireland.”
    BNP make equality complaint against GAA - Headlines - Belfast Newsletter

In fairness it's a difficult call, one has first to decide who is more morally reprehensible, and then view the argument on it's merits. However at the very least one would have to say that any organisational body/group that actively excludes others isn't proactively inclusive...
    Nec Aspera Terrent..Is Tuaisceart-Éireannach mé. Má tá meas agat ar mo chultúr, beidh meas agam ar do chultúr.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

We know which side you are batting for.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BNP
    This creates an environment where unionists will feel intimidated, threatened and of less value than other citizens, because of their national identity.
    Could quite easily be changed to;

Quote Originally Posted by BNP
    We create an environment where ethnic minorities will feel intimidated, threatened and of less value than other citizens, because of the colour of their skin
    The BNP are scumbags, we all know that, but I didn't know they had such a lack of self-awareness.

Politics.ie Member between the bridges's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Narcissist View Post
    Could quite easily be changed to;

The BNP are scumbags, we all know that, but I didn't know they had such a lack of self-awareness.
    Ah right so excluding someone because of their skin pigmentation is morally wrong but if it its because of their nationalistic ordination is ok...
    Nec Aspera Terrent..Is Tuaisceart-Éireannach mé. Má tá meas agat ar mo chultúr, beidh meas agam ar do chultúr.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

BNP need to keep their nose out of Northern Irish and Irish affairs. While I do agree there is a case to be made that in the North GAA is not openly appealing to the unionist/protestant community BNP have no right to be interfering as they have 0 elected reps in NI and were probably one of the worst showing parties in terms of support when they did run.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Why don't the BNP just F off.

We don't want to be part of the GAA. It's a very successful organisation and its entitled to its aims and agendas. Why would we want to change something we want no part of.

It's a silly attempt to galvanise support. It should fail

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by longmarch View Post
    Why don't the BNP just F off.

We don't want to be part of the GAA. It's a very successful organisation and its entitled to its aims and agendas. Why would we want to change something we want no part of.

It's a silly attempt to galvanise support. It should fail

Good to see that loyalists are waking up to the fact the way they were manipulated for decades, not by the BNP but by various shades of onionist politicos..............why don't you people tell them to fukk off?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by belfast1981 View Post
    BNP need to keep their nose out of Northern Irish and Irish affairs. While I do agree there is a case to be made that in the North GAA is not openly appealing to the unionist/protestant community BNP have no right to be interfering as they have 0 elected reps in NI and were probably one of the worst showing parties in terms of support when they did run.

There is not a cigarette paper between the BNP and many onionist politicos..........why don't you get shot of them sir?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by between the bridges View Post
    Ah right so excluding someone because of their skin pigmentation is morally wrong but if it its because of their nationalistic ordination is ok...
    I never said that though..

If Protestants/Unionists, or anyone else for that matter, wanted to play Gaelic games I would support them in doing so. If they were treated differently I would be totally against that just the same.

I just find it hilarious that a hate party, who want to remove all ethnic minorities from Britain, can talk about discrimination with a straight face.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So, the GAA have upset the BNP

As a general rule, if you're pissing off a bunch of racist, homophobic fascists such as the BNP, you're clearly doing something right

Page 1 of 146 123451151101 ... LastLast