Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 47 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Martin accuses SF of "bully boy" tactics and of engaging in "intimidation".

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Michael Martin accuses SF of "bully boy" tactics and of engaging in "intimidation".

In what seems a recurring and successful strategy and epitomised in many ways by the trouncing of Gerry Adams by Michael Martin in their most recent TV debate, the FF leader has taken another pop at SF!

In today’s Sun newspaper (makes a change from the Bindo, I suppose!), and in addition to holding flawed policies, Martin accuses SF of engaging in “bully boy” tactics and of containing “a certain element” who “engage in intimidation for political points”. Martin then goes on to reference a recent Siptu march in Cork in which he says he was harassed by SF members.

“Mr Martin was also anxious to dampen speculation that there could be a future link-up with Gerry Adams’ Sinn Fein, stressing: “Their policies are not compatible with ours, particularly on the economy.”

And he launched a scathing attack on Sinn Fein, accusing members of the party of harassing him during a Siptu march in his native Cork in support of home helps.

“Actions and behaviour emanating from members of that party I would have concerns about,” he said, when singling out pickets on offices of TDs.

“I think that’s wrong... they are in parliament and they can make their points of view there.

“Not all members of Sinn Fein, but a certain element engage in intimidation for political points — they did that in the North with the SDLP. There are attempting to do that down here.

“We now have a situation where city councils are being interfered with and that is dangerous. That’s what happened in the 1930s in Germany.”

I’ll never Fianna Fail back on Sinn Fein | The Sun |Irish News

Interesting to see what will be SF's response to the above?! Would they just be better of ignoring it as any discussion of the above does not suit SF politically? Martin is knowingly touching on some things that spook potential SF voters and there's nothing to be gained for SF in the highlighting and furthering of such a discussion?
    FF said hello and welcome to the IMF. FG said goodbye.

Politics.ie Member Nemesiscorporation's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tough Paddy View Post
    In what seems a recurring and successful strategy and epitomised in many ways by the trouncing of Gerry Adams by Michael Martin in their most recent TV debate, the FF leader has taken another pop at SF!

In today’s Sun newspaper (makes a change from the Bindo, I suppose!), and in addition to holding flawed policies, Martin accuses SF of engaging in “bully boy” tactics and of containing “a certain element” who “engage in intimidation for political points”. Martin then goes on to reference a recent Siptu march in Cork in which he says he was harassed by SF members.

“Mr Martin was also anxious to dampen speculation that there could be a future link-up with Gerry Adams’ Sinn Fein, stressing: “Their policies are not compatible with ours, particularly on the economy.”

And he launched a scathing attack on Sinn Fein, accusing members of the party of harassing him during a Siptu march in his native Cork in support of home helps.

“Actions and behaviour emanating from members of that party I would have concerns about,” he said, when singling out pickets on offices of TDs.

“I think that’s wrong... they are in parliament and they can make their points of view there.

“Not all members of Sinn Fein, but a certain element engage in intimidation for political points — they did that in the North with the SDLP. There are attempting to do that down here.

“We now have a situation where city councils are being interfered with and that is dangerous. That’s what happened in the 1930s in Germany.”

Interesting to see what will be SF's response to the above?! Would they just be better of ignoring it as any discussion of the above does not suit SF politically? Martin is knowingly touching on some things that spook potential SF voters and there's nothing to be gained for SF in the highlighting and furthering of such a discussion?
    Hmm, a case of the pot and the kettle.

They are both as bad as each other.

Also if they could form a government after the next election, then the thirst for power would be the only guiding principle for both of them, regardless of what they say.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well, if Michael Martin, leader of the party whose name is synonymous with corruption, spoofing and parish pump politics, says it, it must be true.
    Racism = fear, low self-esteem and breath-taking ignorance.

Politics.ie Member An Gilladaker's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tough Paddy View Post

Not a mention of the oul Galway tent

Politics.ie Member Nemesiscorporation's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

They are both as corrupt as each other, so should work well together in government to fleece the Irish people.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

God. The headline,Fine Gael in meltdown has the flag wavers in desperation this

morning,going to be an enjoyable day. The just have to be made swallow a dose of their own

arrogance and stroke politics. now.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by freddiefly View Post
    You are a sun reader , who would have known !
    I think it's more that he trawls everywhere for a shred of negativity about SF. Even the Sun, another bastion of honesty, will do. But what I think Paddy is doing here is trying to get FF and SF at each other's throats. The latest poll results are obviously very upsetting to FGers and result in strange bedfellows - in this case Paddy and the Sun!
    Racism = fear, low self-esteem and breath-taking ignorance.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

In fairness, on this issue, Mícheál Martin is talking straight*

*through his hole.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by freddiefly View Post
    You are a sun reader , who would have known !
    I'm an observer, you. on the other hand...

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by turdsl View Post
    God. The headline,Fine Gael in meltdown has the flag wavers in desperation this

morning,going to be an enjoyable day. The just have to be made swallow a dose of their own

arrogance and stroke politics. now.
    The same eejit with the usual FG obsession on here comes barging in to a thread to talk about FG in a thread that has nothing to do with FG!

Now, away troll with your off topic trolling... shuuuuu...

Page 1 of 47 1234511 ... LastLast