Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 28 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: 1 in 20 gay men in the UK infected with HIV (1 in 12 in London), and Dublin????

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default 1 in 20 gay men in the UK infected with HIV (1 in 12 in London), and Dublin????

Shocking statistics reported on rates of HIV infection in UK, I wonder what the rate is in Dublin / Ireland

Rise in number contracting HIV - Independent.ie

Clearly all the 'passive' campaigns for safe sex are not working or are ineffective...... Have health officials given up on prevention? Is it now just a case of accepting HIV as an 'occupational' hazzard, and just treat for all life with retroviral drugs..... Who benefits from this strategy?

My feelign would also be that there is a generational profile to HIV infection, with a large cohort of infections from during the AIDS crisis (80's I guess), and also now the younger generation of 20 and 30 somethings.....

Shocking and a far, far more important issue for the "gay community" than "gay marriage".
    Thank you for the six thousand likes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Those filthy quares.

If they stuck to Adam and Eve scenario's rather than Adam and Steve they wouldn't have so many issues

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by macs magic View Post
    Those filthy quares.

If they stuck to Adam and Eve scenario's rather than Adam and Steve they wouldn't have so many issues
    Actually that is true although I get that is not why you posted it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It's clear that the HIV awareness campaign has lost it's potency. This is quite disturbing.
    The facts and nothing but the facts.

Ramps

Shocking but not surprising.

It's almost impossible to have a rational discussion on the topic because the "equality" people are more concerned with getting in their "straight people get it, too blah blah blah".

I must say that my sympathy for people who contract HIV in the West is far, far less than it is for those who are struck down with illnesses for no reason except bad luck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Clanrickard View Post
    Actually that is true although I get that is not why you posted it.
    Each to their own!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Keith-M View Post
    Shocking and a far, far more important issue for the "gay community" than "gay marriage".
    Hard to refute tbh. I think gay marriage should (and will be passed), but the amount of money and attention spent on the cause would have been better directed towards this issue. A genuinely shocking and disturbing number.
    I'm living in America, and in America, you're on your own. America's not a country. It's just a business. Now f***ing pay me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ramps View Post
    Shocking but not surprising.

It's almost impossible to have a rational discussion on the topic because the "equality" people are more concerned with getting in their "straight people get it, too blah blah blah".

I must say that my sympathy for people who contract HIV in the West is far, far less than it is for those who are struck down with illnesses for no reason except bad luck.
    There are lots of ways you can get HIV.

I know of cases - yes that is plural - where people have lied about their status and had unprotected sex.

Key is dont have sex without a condom unless you are very sure of someone's status.

Ramps

Quote Originally Posted by Sync View Post
    Hard to refute tbh. I think gay marriage should (and will be passed), but the amount of money and attention spent on the cause would have been better directed towards this issue. A genuinely shocking and disturbing number.
    But what do people need to know?! Don't share needles and don't have anal sex with strangers. It's not complicated.

Page 1 of 28 1234511 ... LastLast