Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Time to test People for the potentially carcinogenic horsemeat drug "Bute"

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Time to test People for the potentially carcinogenic horsemeat drug "Bute"

Time to test People for the potentially carcinogenic horsemeat drug "Bute"

Despite the reckless assurances given by Government Officials, that any horsemenat that entered the foodchain is safe, despite authorities not knowing where it came from, the proper course now must be to test people for traces of "Bute".

Bute whose chemical name is phenylbutazone, is a drug frequently administered to horses, and it is illegal to administer phenylbutazone to humans.

The least people, who have been decieved in eating horse meat, are entitled to is some proper assurance that they have not become contaminated or poisoned by phenylbutazone a potentially cancer agent in the human body, or that they can determine their level of contamination in order to seek appropriate medical care.

Horses treated with Bute are not fit for human consumption. It is only right that people who have been contaminated, who do not work with horses, should be identified now so they can be compensated if they suffer adverse consequences at a later date.

There is great concern in the UK about the issue so it seems that there is reason for grave concern in Ireland too.

Cancer fear as contaminated horse meat may have entered Europe from UK - UK - News - London Evening Standard

Carcinogen may have entered human food chain in horsemeat, claims Labour | Environment | The Guardian

they tested all the supermarket horsemeat for bute and found none
    If I ask a question don't just 'like' the post, reply to it. - If I post a lot about a subject I may write a post about it at http://dublinstreams.blogspot.ie/

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Any costs involved in managing this crisis should be recouped by a tax across the meat processing industries.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Apparently, a person would have to eat the entire starting line-up of the Grand National in one sitting for 'bute' to maybe have an effect.
    Racism = fear, low self-esteem and breath-taking ignorance.

I suspect my mother may have consumed it while pregnant with me. Hung like Red Rum.

Not too shabby myself, either.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lostexpectation View Post
    they tested all the supermarket horsemeat for bute and found none
    Did they test all of the meat from the 100,000 Irish horses that disappeared over the last five years? No!

The Department of Health have not carried out any tests.

A company run by the Brother of our Agriculture Minister has been found to be using horsemeat as an ingredient.

Time for the Department of Health to take charge. If the tests prove negative great!
    Last edited by IbrahaimMohamad; 16th February 2013 at 01:16 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ShoutingIsLeadership View Post
    I suspect my mother may have consumed it while pregnant with me. Hung like Red Rum.

Not too shabby myself, either.
    Your mother was hung like Red Rum? You should write a book.
    Cry your hardest now, it opens the lungs, washes the countenance, exercises the eyes and softens down the temper. So cry away.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I'm living in America, and in America, you're on your own. America's not a country. It's just a business. Now f***ing pay me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by IbrahaimMohamad View Post
    Did they test all of the meat from the 100,000 Irish horses that disappeared over the last five years? No!

The Department of Health have not carried out any tests.

A company run by the Brother of our Agriculture Minister has been found to be using horsemeat as an ingredient.

Time for the Department of Health to take charge. If the tests prove negative great!
    The Department for Health? Are you mad? That shower along with the HSE are dangerous. They should be issued with a Health Warning. What do you mean btw, are you serious? How could 100,000 horses have disappeared?
    Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results: I present, The Irish politcal system: Thank you Einstein

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Time for a stewards enquiry you think bob?
    Сохранить Украины

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast