Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Is RTÉ the mouthpiece of the Immigrant Council of Ireland and other such groups?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Is RTÉ the mouthpiece of the Immigrant Council of Ireland and other such groups?

In the best traditions of Pravda, our national broadcaster RTÉ, in a piece broadcast yesterday entitled 'Immigrant families being kept apart by red tape' and apparently designed to pull at the heartstrings on St Valentine's Day with a hand drawn heart card opposite a framed photograph of an African male, interview a Nigerian woman and one of her three children all now awarded Irish citizenship about her husband whom the RTÉ reporter says is still in Nigeria and was twice refused permission to stay in the State.

It is no surprise that the likes of the Immigrant Council of Ireland (listen to its Chief Executive Ms Denise Charlton) and other paid migration lobbyists seek to exploit sympathy for their cause and indeed, apparently, the Dept of Justice acknowledge the need for more comprehensive rules in this area.

However, this is surely a very obvious piece of 'politically correct' agenda broadcasting if ever there was one. Of course, we know these professional migration lobbyists tout 'ah sure, let them in' stuff but is it really the job of RTÉ and other gullible media to be broadcasting what appears to be very much a piece from the agenda of the likes of the ICI?

The report is accessible here:

Immigrant families being kept apart by red tape

Politics.ie Member Sister Mercedes's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The woman and her 3 children are Irish citizens, so I think that gives a good case for the husband to be admitted to Ireland. But the report doesn't give enough information. For instance, is the woman working and supporting her children without state aid, and would she be able to support her husband without state aid?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

why do they have to be re-united in ireland?
    surely if they wanted to rejoin their family and loved ones all they have to do is go back to their home country? unless they are on the run or something...

i can understand certain situations where the red cross place someone in ireland and their family members across europe and its hard for them to see eachother (i personally encountered this situation with a refugee (orphaned kid) from sudan who's sole surviving family member was a sister in the netherlands, they lost contact with eachother in a red cross refugee camp).
    I liberate minds with my music. That's more important than liberating a few people from apartheid or whatever. - Kanye West

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sister Mercedes View Post
    The woman and her 3 children are Irish citizens, so I think that gives a good case for the husband to be admitted to Ireland. But the report doesn't give enough information. For instance, is the woman working and supporting her children without state aid, and would she be able to support her husband without state aid?
    There is no excuse for any Nigerian to be resident in Ireland, never mind be a citizen.
    No excuse other than official corruption and incompetence.
    At some point the gloves must come off and we face our adversaries.
    We're all Rhodesians now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eyelight View Post
    There is no excuse for any Nigerian to be resident in Ireland, never mind be a citizen.
    No excuse other than official corruption and incompetence.
    I bet you say "I am not a racist but............"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Majority have become Desensitized to These sort of " poor me ads". Charity ads are becoming more super sad to try and combat these but it isn't happening. Immigrants are fighting a losing battle and so are their taxed funded quangos if they think Irish people are looking at this and saying " sure god love em". We are immigrant wary and made this way by open boarders and well funded quangos and people who areas have no impact on mass immigration.

What a pathetic OP. 'Liked' by The Field Marshall, that warm hearted Catholic.
    I have no money, but I love my life.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ShoutingIsLeadership View Post
    What a pathetic OP. 'Liked' by The Field Marshall, that warm hearted Catholic.
    Why is it pathetic - just because you don't like the question raised?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

RTE could of featured someone in a couple living down under working unable to find work in Ireland and also unable for the last year to see his/her other half and children, instead they focus on a Nigerian man that has TWICE been refused to stay in the country.

And while we are on the topic of Nigeria, did our national broadcaster report the story of last week showing that Nigerians have the second highest level of remittance home, just pipped into second place by the UK. Considering official data shows less than 20,000 Nigerians in Ireland with 40% unemployment rate, incidently the largest unempoyed foreign national group in the country.

Yet per head they are sending cash home in their droves, circa 30,000 euro per head in 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Pat View Post
    Why is it pathetic - just because you don't like the question raised?
    They are Irish citizens. The Irish State broadcaster broadcasts a story about how their lives are impacted by Irish law. Yet it deeply offends you.
    I have no money, but I love my life.

Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast