Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Class sizes..

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Class sizes..

Our local primary school now has a class size of 35 kids for each Junior infants class. This is a disgrace and the current incumbent ministers and Govt should be ashamed of themselves.

How is any teacher expected to teach to 35 5-6 year olds in one class. We are totally unprepared and unable as a society to build the right infrastructure in the right places and staff them. I tell you that this is just the start. Any money this country is making is going down several sinkholes instead of using it to build a decent society for us and our kids.

Our kids did not deserve this.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If you don't like it then Homeschool

Politics.ie Member stopdoingstuff's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

We have no money.
    Faoi mhóid bheith saor

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

have to work ...

Ramps

There were 39 kids in my primary school class, and I got a decent educa...well, I got an averag...well, I got an education.

Politics.ie Member stopdoingstuff's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gflood View Post
    have to work ...
    I know the frustration you feel. I actually checked up on some relatives kids recently and they are so far behind that it is tragic. She (my relative) can't home-school either due to work and she reckons that she is paying taxes so she shouldn't have to. Her answer is to teach the kids more stuff on weekends and evenings, and that seems to be the best way forward for now.
    Faoi mhóid bheith saor

Dylan2010

we sent our kids to infants reading and knowing their numbers after that primary school appears to be a form of childcare most of the time and thats in a class of 22. Given that no primary school gets the most out of kids it behoofs parents to get stuck in and work with your kids at their speed

Northern Ireland - without forgiveness, there is dysfunctionality.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stopdoingstuff View Post
    We have no money.
    The Anglo Bondholders have the money. And the useless, compliant Dublin media will not even discuss who the Anglo Bondholders are.

Compromised by the need for advertising revenue, and the need to be able to report from Circus Minimumus.
    Last edited by Analyzer; 15th February 2013 at 11:00 AM.
    Coveney's ambition is the be Ireland's next EU Commissar and Ireland will pay a price as he builds his CV to position himself sufficiently loyal to the nEU empire.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I was in a class of approx. 55 for most of my primary schooling. It went down to around 45 in secondary as far as I can recall.
    Racism = fear, low self-esteem and breath-taking ignorance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I was in a rural primary school, classes on average about 15, but teachers took two classes so each teacher had about thirty, in secondary we had a year with about 90 in it divided into three classes so again about thirty.

Obviously smaller classes would be more beneficial to students but we need to take it in context, what is the ideal size.

There is no shortage of school teachers in this country, probably actually an overflow, but there is a shortage of money and resources to pay them.

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast