Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: A new low?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default A new low?

Just when you thought those worthless parasites who go around breaking into people's homes could not go any lower, they outdo themselves once more.

Burglars target home after widow's crash death - Independent.ie

I don't think garda station closures is the issue here by the way, as if one garda who is stuck behind the desk of a rural station could have prevented something like this.

Clearly the perpetrators of this sickening crime had local knowledge, knowledge of where this person lived and so on.

There is a certain group of people in our midst who await every opportunity to thieve, rob and steal from the community. It's one of the biggest issues affecting rural Ireland at the moment and there is no genuine effort to stop it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Nothing surprises me.

Years ago there was many robberies at the houses of families who had lost loved ones
    and were at the funeral.

It's common practice now down the country to have a neighbour in the house while a
    funeral is taking place.
    I believe that children are the future

Unless we stop them now.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If the Gardai don't get out of their cars and from behind their desks, there will be many more gurriers walking away laughing.
    I saw a very odd thing yesterday, a Garda walking on the street in my town in Mayo.
    A unusual sight indeed.
    OF COURSE IT WASN'T CASTLEBAR.

Politics.ie Member stopdoingstuff's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Crime is basically unpreventable, at least without micro-chipping everyone so that we know where everyone is at all times, which is not on. That being the case, it falls to the individual, which means making sure you have a burglar alarm, good neighbours, and a gun.
    Faoi mhóid bheith saor

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This has been going on for years, they scour the local paper and radio stations for deaths and marriages, be warned.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by stopdoingstuff View Post
    Crime is basically unpreventable, at least without micro-chipping everyone so that we know where everyone is at all times, which is not on. That being the case, it falls to the individual, which means making sure you have a burglar alarm, good neighbours, and a gun.
    Feck that build a moat.

these guys should be pitch capped a bunch of utter c@nts
    i owe my allegiance only to the working class

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anewbeginning View Post

Clearly the perpetrators of this sickening crime had local knowledge, knowledge of where this person lived and so on.

There is a certain group of people in our midst who await every opportunity to thieve, rob and steal from the community.
    Yip, they are otherwise known in common parlance as banks.
    Voters don't decide issues, they decide who will decide issues.

George Will

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The country is simply over-run with criminals. People afraid to leave their homes. People afraid to sleep at night. And yes its in all aspects of society, white collar crime, blue collar crime, drugs, drink, burgularies, the works. It's a whole way of life for certain sections of society, thieving for a living. I suppose when you outsource all decisions and power to far away Brussels, ultimately the country becomes leaderless and rudderless and into that vacuam criminals and criminal gangs pour in. Heaven knows what Ireland will be like in 10 or 20 years time, possibly like Afghanistan or some other failed state.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anewbeginning View Post
    The country is simply over-run with criminals. People afraid to leave their homes. People afraid to sleep at night. And yes its in all aspects of society, white collar crime, blue collar crime, drugs, drink, burgularies, the works. It's a whole way of life for certain sections of society.
    Crime rates have been falling nationally since 2007.

New interactive crime map reveals crime rate is declining - Independent.ie

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast