Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: RTE Longwave

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default RTE Longwave

Does anybody know how many people in Northren Ireland and Uk listen to and depend on the RTE Longwave service? It costs €1200 per day to run the service for what imo might only be a few hundred listeners.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

BBC in secret trial to see if you care about thing you plainly don't ? The Register

In the last month the BBC quietly switched off AM radio transmitters to see if anyone noticed - and it seems not a lot of people did.

Four local radio stations had their medium-wave transmissions axed in the last few weeks. Essex and Hereford are now back on while Nottingham and Kent remain absent in the interest of seeing if any people are outraged

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Zoo
    "It is important therefore that I clarify to the House that in the first instance there are significant monies within Anglo-Irish to take the strain of loan losses arising over the next three or four years, before State support is engaged." Brian Lenihan 15/01/09

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Zordan View Post
    Does anybody know how many people in Northren Ireland and Uk listen to and depend on the RTE Longwave service? It costs €1200 per day to run the service for what imo might only be a few hundred listeners.
    I believe its quite popular in the UK. €1200 a day wouldn't pay for Joe Duffy's phone bill

Dylan2010

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Zordan View Post
    that would hardly have kept Gerry in cocaine, if it allows them to put some cutesy picture in their annual report its worth it

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I didn't know there was an RTÉ longwave. I cannot get it. But then, I listen to RTÉ on FM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This is the second negative thread started by the OPer about RTE Radio in the past 3 days, a propos of nothing in particular.

Was he sacked by them recently or something?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cruimh View Post
    I didn't know there was an RTÉ longwave. I cannot get it. But then, I listen to RTÉ on FM.
    I think its mostly for elderly emigrants in the North and East of England.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

There is apparently a Luxembourg telephone number you can dial to hear RTE Radio 1 live. Its for homesick MEPs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I say you could easily count the number of listeners that are using MW or LW for their reception. I'd be surprised if it's more than 1,000.
    There's a lot to be said for the fellow who doesn't say it himself. -- Maurice Switzer

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast