Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Have P.ie poster experience of inappropriate/corrupt Garda behaviour

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Have P.ie poster experience of inappropriate/corrupt Garda behaviour

There has been a lot of talk of late of Garda corruption etc. and I was just wondering had many P.ie poster had experience of Garda corruption/unfairness. The following is an example of inappropriate behavior/corruption I know happened. My neighbour was stopped by our local Garda for no Tax on his car, after a bit of pleading from my neighbour, he was told by the Garda to “get it sorted”, the Garda also told him to remember “you owe me”. After this experience, my neighbour who ran the local shop was visited by the same Garda, who proceeded to order 2 slices of beef from my neighbour wife, and when she went to charge him the Garda told her “talk to your husband, he agreed to look after me”. This Garda visited my neighbours shop for the next 2 years and would always order something and would walk out without having to pay. It only stopped when the Garda moved to another area. This may be a small example of inappropriate Garda behaviour but was very annoying for my neighbour. My neighbour reckons the Garda got approx 600 euro of free items from him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Nope. I certainly wouldn't stand for that kind of shyte either from any public representative.

GSOC - Garda Síochána Ombudsman Commission.
    If you would like to access information on making a complaint click here or contact us on LoCall 1890 600 800 or info@gsoc.ie
    Oh and your friend is a bigger eejit for allowing it to continue. I've seen it in eastern Europe and its horrible. Any sleeveen fecker who tries that here needs to be slapped down pronto!
    Life is hard
    That's why no-one survives

Dylan2010

friends of the family had a restaurant on Harcourt street in the 80's , apparently the local decectives introduced themselves and ended up with a free meal, not sure if it went on on a regular basis but I gather they took advice from other business owners in the area and at least there must have been some nod and a wink that it would have implications on how quickly they would come if needed.

Somewhere up in the Wicklow mountains digging an even deeper nuclear shelter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yer friend should have told him where to go and reported him.
    If you continue to elect idiots in elections, don't be surprised when the result is an idiotic government.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Can't say I have seen Garda 'corruption' what I have seen is the Gardai trying it on in assuming that I, along with 99% of the population, are not fully aware of the law. Two Gardai did try to lend their support to a trader I was in a dispute which was a total Civil matter. They effectively tried to bluff me out of it but when I was able to quote the law chapter and verse they backed off with their infintile attempts to fob me off.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

While I do appreciate that this is an internet forum, with all that it implies. If you are unable to give specific details of these stupid hearsay stories, then disist.

You lessen yourselves with these stupid idiotic hearsay stories and by extension P.ie also.

I am no great fan of the Gardai, but please, either give first hand accounts and make proper complaints to the proper authorities, or get a life!

Politics.ie Member Ernesto Guevara's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Was up for dangerous driving a few years ago after a crash which in fairness was my fault. At the time i needed my licence for work so was obviously very concerned.
    A friend of mine was going out with a Guard at the time and invited me out for a few drinks thinking that his lady Guard might be able to give me some advice etc...

Anyway went along for the night out and found she had brought a female colleague along as a kind of double date type thing. My date resembled an East German weight lifter from the late 70's. Being the nice chap i am i made small talk with her and started telling her about my upcoming court case. Turned out she knew the Guard prosecuting me and said that she might be able to sort things for me.

To cut a long story short i had to shag this monster for the month leading up to the court case with her always dangling the carrot of "having a word". Thank god for v1agra. Anyway the prosecuting Guard did not turn up on the day and the case was thrown out of court by the judge. Changed my phone number the following day and avoided going out in town for 6 months or so after. Still was not worth the pain of having to mount that monster though.

I shiver to this day when i see a female Guard.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sweet lord.
    Life is hard
    That's why no-one survives

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ernesto Guevara View Post
    Was up for dangerous driving a few years ago after a crash which in fairness was my fault. At the time i needed my licence for work so was obviously very concerned.
    A friend of mine was going out with a Guard at the time and invited me out for a few drinks thinking that his lady Guard might be able to give me some advice etc...

Anyway went along for the night out and found she had brought a female colleague along as a kind of double date type thing. My date resembled an East German weight lifter from the late 70's. Being the nice chap i am i made small talk with her and started telling her about my upcoming court case. Turned out she knew the Guard prosecuting me and said that she might be able to sort things for me.

To cut a long story short i had to shag this monster for the month leading up to the court case with her always dangling the carrot of "having a word". Thank god for v1agra. Anyway the prosecuting Guard did not turn up on the day and the case was thrown out of court by the judge. Changed my phone number the following day and avoided going out in town for 6 months or so after. Still was not worth the pain of having to mount that monster though.

I shiver to this day when i see a female Guard.

Seeing as the day that`s in it ( Valentines ) a gentlemen would never tell such a tall story.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

An old Sargent used to be seen loading kegs into that back of the squad car to bring them to the local GAA club for their xmas party.
    Britain operated death squads - ''97% of the Loyalists I interviewed were working directly for the State.'' - Nuala O'Loan. #FreeAhedTamimi

Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast