Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Why are the Gardai allowing Criminals to make fortunes from Prostitution?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Why are the Gardai allowing Criminals to make fortunes from Prostitution?

According to Ruhama a State Funded NGO, Ireland's indoor sex trade has become predominantly organised and controlled by organized criminal gangs, some of which are Irish and others are foreign.

Ruhama reckon that some 95% of street prostitutes are drug users. Hundreds and Hundreds of Prostitutes advertise openly so they must be easy for Gardai to track down and prosecute.

Then there is the further criminality of the earnings most likely not being subject to income tax. The Industry is a huge attraction drawing foreign criminals to Ireland as well as funding criminality on a huge scale.

How is illegal immigration policed in Ireland if hundreds of foreign unfortunates can be advertised in the Sex Industry under the noses of Gardai?

How hard can it be for a Garda to call a number find a building and deport an illegal alien or are Gardai just turning a blind eye?

Politics.ie Member southwestkerry's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I think you are been harsh on the Gardai.
    They know the score but when it comes to putting people behind bars... coupled with the fact that law breakers well get out again very soon due to lack off space in the prison system, well they have their work cut out for them.
    Tried to find a link to a story I saw a while back... no luck.
    Its about the laws when it comes to deporting and such.
    swk
    A ship at harbour is safe but that is not what ships were built for.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The ladies charge for their time and companionship only, anything else that occurs is a coincidence and a private matter between consenting adults.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Zordan View Post
    The ladies charge for their time and companionship only, anything else that occurs is a coincidence and a private matter between consenting adults.

So sex slaves is all a myth then??

The ladies are free to come and go as they please
    Britain operated death squads - ''97% of the Loyalists I interviewed were working directly for the State.'' - Nuala O'Loan. #FreeAhedTamimi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by IbrahaimMohamad View Post
    According to Ruhama a State Funded NGO, Ireland's indoor sex trade has become predominantly organised and controlled by organized criminal gangs, some of which are Irish and others are foreign.

Ruhama reckon that some 95% of street prostitutes are drug users. Hundreds and Hundreds of Prostitutes advertise openly so they must be easy for Gardai to track down and prosecute.

Then there is the further criminality of the earnings most likely not being subject to income tax. The Industry is a huge attraction drawing foreign criminals to Ireland as well as funding criminality on a huge scale.

How is illegal immigration policed in Ireland if hundreds of foreign unfortunates can be advertised in the Sex Industry under the noses of Gardai?

How hard can it be for a Garda to call a number find a building and deport an illegal alien or are Gardai just turning a blind eye?

Who are the 'aliens' the criminal gangs of the women trafficked into the country and raped on a daily basis?
    Britain operated death squads - ''97% of the Loyalists I interviewed were working directly for the State.'' - Nuala O'Loan. #FreeAhedTamimi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It is high time it was legalised, regulated and taxed, that would sort the problem out. Punters would not be prosecuted and less likely to encounter infected prostitutes or gigolos. The prostitutes would be freed from the tyranny of pimps and the goverment would earn revenue from the proceeds. Gardai could then devote more resources to trafficking and illegal sex operatives.
    There's a lot to be said for the fellow who doesn't say it himself. -- Maurice Switzer

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eoghanacht View Post
    So sex slaves is all a myth then??

The ladies are free to come and go as they please
    Yes and Yes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes and Yes
    I'm not going to even bother.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes and Yes
    To dismiss human tragedy on the scale of not just the Irish but the global sex trade in just three words takes a very special kind of person.
    Put a thief among honest men and they will eventually relieve him of his watch. Flann O'Brien

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Personally I don't see why it shouldn't be legal as long as its two consenting adults. Tax and regulate it. Men (and women) have needs and if they have to pay for it then fine. I'd much rather see safe conditions and protection for the workers than brushing it under the carpet and pretending it doesn't happen.
    It's all very Victorian.
    Life is hard
    That's why no-one survives

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast