Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hamas, Fatah and their disregard for human rights

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Hamas, Fatah and their disregard for human rights

We already know about the bestialities perpetrated by Hamas and its supporters on anyone who steps out of line in Gaza. Under Fatah, things are undeniably better. You don't get publicly executed and then have your body dragged through the streets. However, it seems that criticising Mahmoud Abbas on Facebook is enough reason to get you locked up with a long prison sentence.

We've seen the Arab Spring in numerous countries in North Africa unelected autocrats were kicked out by people power. I wonder when will this Arab Spring reach Gaza and the West Bank.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/12/op...cit.html?_r=2&

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Iphonista View Post
    We already know about the bestialities perpetrated by Hamas and its supporters on anyone who steps out of line in Gaza. Under Fatah, things are undeniably better. You don't get publicly executed and then have your body dragged through the streets. However, it seems that criticising Mahmoud Abbas on Facebook is enough reason to get you locked up with a long prison sentence.

We've seen the Arab Spring in numerous countries in North Africa unelected autocrats were kicked out by people power. I wonder when will this Arab Spring reach Gaza and the West Bank.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/12/op...cit.html?_r=2&
    Surprising enough, nobody on here is concerned about this. Nothing to see here folks, move along now
    In August 2012 Hamas MP and Deputy Speaker Ahmad Bahr appeared on Hamas' Al-Aqsa TV and demanded all Muslims to annihilate the Jews.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I suppose when the Israelis stop destroying Palestine and actually allow the people to live rather than trying to strangle the country then people might get enough clarity to settle down and see barbarity as less than normal.
    “atheism is a belief system in the same way that not playing football is a sport.”

Northern Ireland - without forgiveness, there is dysfunctionality.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Human Rights in the regimes of the Middle East is always a touchy subject.
    Coveney's ambition is the be Ireland's next EU Commissar and Ireland will pay a price as he builds his CV to position himself sufficiently loyal to the nEU empire.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EoinMag View Post
    I suppose when the Israelis stop destroying Palestine and actually allow the people to live rather than trying to strangle the country then people might get enough clarity to settle down and see barbarity as less than normal.
    Or maybe totally normal for most Muslim states.
    In August 2012 Hamas MP and Deputy Speaker Ahmad Bahr appeared on Hamas' Al-Aqsa TV and demanded all Muslims to annihilate the Jews.

Politics.ie Member TheWexfordInn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ah I get it know - human rights abuses by Hamas and Fatah are all Israels fault.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Andy4571 View Post
    Surprising enough, nobody on here is concerned about this. Nothing to see here folks, move along now
    I know. This is about The Rights of Palestinians. Where's Kalipa? Where's Eyelight? Where's Dame Enda? Why hasn't Carlos the Jackass come slithering in to sneer about the chosen people and filthy goyim?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I know. This is about The Rights of Palestinians. Where's Kalipa? Where's Eyelight? Where's Dame Enda? Why hasn't Carlos the Jackass come slithering in to sneer about the chosen people and filthy goyim?
    Slap that forehead.....of course. They can't use these human rights violations to attack Israel.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Its only a human rights issue and worthy of condemning if those nasty Joo's are the perpetrators. Their silence on 70,000 or more death in neighbouring Syria is a perfect example of that.

GDPR Deleted
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The interesting thing is that these laws also exist in Europe. Taking the Netherlands as an example you can get jail time, or a fine for: Insulting a random person, insulting the Dutch monarch and insulting the head of state of a befriended state. The latter, however, is no longer enforced.

That said, laws like the one employed by Palestine are unnecessary restrictions on freedom of speech.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast