Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Operation transformation to meet Health committee this week??...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Operation transformation to meet Health committee this week??...

Just heard it on the Week in Politics!!

(or did I??)

In relation to the scourge of obesity in Ireland.

Cannot see much on the oireachtas.ie website.

Hope they depend on more than a reality TV show to garner ideas on obesity!!
    When a man sits with a pretty girl for an hour, it seems like a minute. But let him sit on a hot stove for a minute and it's longer than any hour. That's relativity.

ALBERT EINSTEIN

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    When a man sits with a pretty girl for an hour, it seems like a minute. But let him sit on a hot stove for a minute and it's longer than any hour. That's relativity.

ALBERT EINSTEIN

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sure McMahon reported Dr. Eva Orsmond to the medical council for the way that she spoke to one of the contestants. It's such a pity that he's not so gung-ho in complaining to the medical council, ABA or the Office of the Ombudsman about the standard of medical and nursing practice that is being dished out in some of our public hospitals to patients.

Complaint about doctor's treatment of participant on weight loss TV show - The Irish Times - Mon, Feb 04, 2013

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The photos of the committee members show a bunch of reasonably trim people.

Now will the min for health be thre at all? I think he needs a bit of trimming.

Anyhow. The horse burger thing might move people say from processed meat. That's a start. Away from Xboxes and the like... Well that's another story.

Politics.ie Member tipp revolution's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hide the doughnuts Marie Louise that EVE wan is comin.....
    "Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king"
    Diogenes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Marie L not on the health commitee!!...(thank the lord!!)

Why not Donal O'Shea et al...maybe he will attend at some stage!!

Though I suppose it is a popular show(apparently)...Reality TV not really my thing!!...

ALBERT EINSTEIN

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spidermom View Post
    Marie L not on the health commitee!!...(thank the lord!!)

Why not Donal O'Shea et al...maybe he will attend at some stage!!

Though I suppose it is a popular show(apparently)...Reality TV not really my thing!!...
    I ended up watching the replay of that episode last week to see what all the fuss was about - and boy Orsmond would be the last doctor that I would think of attending if I ever suffered from obesity - and seemingly she previously worked in the weight management unit in Loughlinstown.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by damus View Post
    I ended up watching the replay of that episode last week to see what all the fuss was about - and boy Orsmond would be the last doctor that I would think of attending if I ever suffered from obesity - and seemingly she previously worked in the weight management unit in Loughlinstown.

She also runs three weight loss clinics but said she would never shout at them. The fact that they are private clinics probably means she would have to be nice to them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sadmal View Post
    She also runs three weight loss clinics but said she would never shout at them. The fact that they are private clinics probably means she would have to be nice to them.
    There's six clinics spotted in various parts of the country - and one is just a stone throw from Loughlinstown.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The "Scourge in obesity" is just another scare story that the mainstream media have jumped on for some time

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast