Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What do people REALLY want from their Politicians?

Question What do people REALLY want from their Politicians?

I just want this thread to discuss what people want from their politicians, like characteristics, personal qualities, policies etc. Pretty broad or very specific... I just wana get a feel for what is on people's minds!

Like personally, I want to see less "political ethics" and more actual Morality!

Thought's?

Politicians that have a basic understanding of economics , stop lying and buying votes , and to stop interfering in business as they know nothing about it .
    Quote Originally Posted by EmmettTCorcoran View Post
    I just want this thread to discuss what people want from their politicians, like characteristics, personal qualities, policies etc. Pretty broad or very specific... I just wana get a feel for what is on people's minds!

Like personally, I want to see less "political ethics" and more actual Morality!

Thought's?

birthday

Quote Originally Posted by EmmettTCorcoran View Post

Thought's?
    Free stuff!

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Bread & games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Honesty

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Intelligence. Honesty . Balls [ i know ].

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Backbone - morality - humility - understanding of the plights of others - smaller cars.

Less of the following: Greed - parish pump politics - teachers and barristers - dynastys.
    Disclosures Tribunal - #OnlyForTheTape...

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Lead with good example. and honesty.

Politics.ie Member RepublicOfLuas's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I don't want my politician to help me get bumped up on the housing list. I don't want my politician to help me in getting a medical card. I don't want my politician to snuggle up to the big businesses that bully SME's into shutting down. I don't want my politician propose legislation to appease a group of backward-thinking voters.

I want my politician to act nationally. I want my politician to legislate for my beliefs and mantras. I want my politician to be my representative to the nation.

Politics.ie Member Disillusioned democrat's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It's easier to define what I don't want:

1 - I don't want them to pretend to act on my behalf to get me access to services I'm entitled to anyway and write to me to get the kudos
    2 - I don't want them to use my tax to buy votes, I'd prefer if their own performance did that
    3 - I don't want them to be glorified Councillors, but rather act in the national interest, not local interests
    4 - I want them to be educated and successful in their own right, not failed SME-owners who can't manage a corner shop but tell us how to run a country
    5 - I want them to not want to be a career politician - I'd like them to have a career before they spend time as a politician and then return to that after maybe 3 attempts and/or terms
    The more things change....

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast