Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: ECB February meeting: coverage of potential Irish deal announcement and reaction

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Default ECB February meeting: coverage of potential Irish deal announcement and reaction

So this should be fun.

Market's are jittery, they're not sure what, if anything will be announced today. The Q&A with Draghi afterwards will, as always, be the real fun part.

Our economists suggest that Mr Draghi will probably soften the overall tone at the press conference, signalling that easing options are still available if needed, Vassili Serebriakov, strategist at BNP Paribas, said in a research note.
    From our point of view, we'll want to see the answers given in relation to the Anglo wrapup and the liklihood of a deal. Affirmation on these 2 items should see our fortunes taking an upward swing in the markets, and the climb of the currency. There's also the possibility of an update on Spain's situation.

The webcast will be broadcast here: ECB: Webcasts: ECB monetary policy decisions

Remember, if you only watch ONE monthly ECB meeting this February, make it this one.
    I'm living in America, and in America, you're on your own. America's not a country. It's just a business. Now f***ing pay me.

Politics.ie Member Astral Peaks's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Reuters are optimistic a deal is on....

ECB close to Irish debt deal as Anglo liquidated | Reuters
    Nice bit of fun here:
    People on social media website Twitter dubbed the session #promnight, a play
    on words on Anglo's infamous promissory notes, and one user said the late night
    meant lawmakers finally had a legitimate reason to be asleep in parliament
    "Don't need a whore, I don't need no booze, don't need a virgin priest."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Those who cannot get the ECB stream to work can try here:

Reuters Live Stream

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

As a lead in, Mark Carney (incoming Bank Of England boss) is doing a press conference. Coverage here: Eurozone crisis live: Incoming Bank governor Mark Carney faces MPs | Business | guardian.co.uk

There's a disturbing focus on his housing allowance, daughters etc from the questioners as opposed to silly stuff like "What do you think the UK should do to stave off a triple dip recission?"
    I'm living in America, and in America, you're on your own. America's not a country. It's just a business. Now f***ing pay me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sync View Post
    As a lead in, Mark Carney (incoming Bank Of England boss) is doing a press conference. Coverage here: Eurozone crisis live: Incoming Bank governor Mark Carney faces MPs | Business | guardian.co.uk

There's a disturbing focus on his housing allowance, daughters etc from the questioners as opposed to silly stuff like "What do you think the UK should do to stave off a triple dip recission?"
    Has he any unallocated speeding penalty points from 10 years ago?

An anxious nation needs to know.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So this should be fun.

Market's are jittery, they're not sure what, if anything will be announced today. The Q&A with Draghi afterwards will, as always, be the real fun part.

From our point of view, we'll want to see the answers given in relation to the Anglo wrapup and the liklihood of a deal. Affirmation on these 2 items should see our fortunes taking an upward swing in the markets, and the climb of the currency. There's also the possibility of an update on Spain's situation.

The webcast will be broadcast here: ECB: Webcasts: ECB monetary policy decisions

Remember, if you only watch ONE monthly ECB meeting this February, make it this one.
    When this conference is done and dusted will we know what interest rate will apply to the new NAMA bond? That's where this game is at....

What time in the afternoon will the conference be broadcast?
    Stand there in silence, look up to the sky and remember how brave they were.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cabledude View Post
    When this conference is done and dusted will we know what interest rate will apply to the new NAMA bond? That's where this game is at....

What time in the afternoon will the conference be broadcast?
    13.30 GMT, I believe?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Astral Peaks View Post
    Those who cannot get the ECB stream to work can try here:

Reuters Live Stream
    AP it's also being broadcast live on RTE during an extended lunchtime news.
    Stand there in silence, look up to the sky and remember how brave they were.

Politics.ie Member powderfinger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So this should be fun.

The second one on February 21st could be worth tuning into also.

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast