Thread: Quinn and Nama

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Quinn and Nama

With this situation tonight, and the closing of anglo
    and the transfer to nama

where does this leave quinn ?

Is he still liable for the 2.3bn debt for buying anglo shares ?

does quinn have a case, to get out of paying the 2.3bn debt

If a company goes into liqudation, do you owe that company the money ?
    Last edited by kkkkkkkkkk; 7th February 2013 at 02:38 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kkkkkkkkkk View Post
    and the transfer to nama

He still owes money, it's just to whomever takes over Anglos assets.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

and the transfer to nama

nope, your hero is still effed, and we're all on the hook with the insurance levy due ot his shenanigans which dwarfs anything those nasty old legal leeches get up to

yo quinn supporters are very ignorant people
    "I like a bit of a cavort, I don't send 'em solicitor's letters. I apply a bit of pressure"

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by artfoley56 View Post
    nope, your hero is still effed, and we're all on the hook with the insurance levy due ot his shenanigans which dwarfs anything those nasty old legal leeches get up to

yo quinn supporters are very ignorant people
    quinn's legal leeches will be on top of this in the morning

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

quinn's legal leeches will be on top of this in the morning
    i doubt it, they're still looking for the daughter's receipts
    "I like a bit of a cavort, I don't send 'em solicitor's letters. I apply a bit of pressure"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Where is Alan Dukes ? Where is Labour ? Enda is talking the talk just now on Vinnie, the 40 year mortgage on E.U. gamblers begins in the morning.

I wish he just informed the house that every Dail pension is now in NAMA and that unless they get the finger out and create jobs and their pensions will be based on jobs they create from tomorrow.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The litigation against Seán Quinn, his son, nephew, and his despicable daughters, will all continue uninterrupted. In case there was any doubt about this, Gilmore just said it in the Dáil.

The one possible upside for the Quinns is that whereas IBRC have been ruthless in their willingness to pursue people to the ends of the earth through the courts in muliple jurisdictions, NAMA have been somewhat more restrained and tend to make deals where possible. However given the public prominence of the Quinns and their blatant attempts to subvert the courts and defraud the State, I think it is very unlikely that NAMA will take a view of its cases against the Quinns that is substantially any more lenient than the IBRC.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I grow ever more curious ahy the Quinns are being hounded through the courts when hardly anyone else has even been questioned.

Are we to assume Quinns are responsible for all the gambling debts.
    Its Up to ME

Quote Originally Posted by pippakin View Post
    I grow ever more curious ahy the Quinns are being hounded through the courts when hardly anyone else has even been questioned.

Are we to assume Quinns are responsible for all the gambling debts.
    You have to wonder wher these criminal apologists, or gombeen fools have been;do they not know how to read a paper? Quinn like others borrowed millions to boost shares in a 'bank' owned by his friends, and was chased fr this debt, now owned by the Irish nation. He was instructed by the court to keep it within Ireland, where upon he moved this Irish money to eastern european bank accounts of individuals, and the richest man in the country, the astute businessman couldn't get if back of these bad russians. Poor gangster, how was he to know that there was corrupt peoppe out there. Would anyone put money into a bank account they couldn't get access to, employ solicitors, pay them large retainers, only to find no-one can get access to it. What sort of fool are you? He was jailed for contempt of court, he was then released, but I believe is still in contempt. Why is this man still free. No wonder Gombeen is an Irish word.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bye bye mubarak View Post
    You have to wonder wher these criminal apologists, or gombeen fools have been;do they not know how to read a paper? Quinn like others borrowed millions to boost shares in a 'bank' owned by his friends, and was chased fr this debt, now owned by the Irish nation. He was instructed by the court to keep it within Ireland, where upon he moved this Irish money to eastern european bank accounts of individuals, and the richest man in the country, the astute businessman couldn't get if back of these bad russians. Poor gangster, how was he to know that there was corrupt peoppe out there. Would anyone put money into a bank account they couldn't get access to, employ solicitors, pay them large retainers, only to find no-one can get access to it. What sort of fool are you? He was jailed for contempt of court, he was then released, but I believe is still in contempt. Why is this man still free. No wonder Gombeen is an Irish word.
    The Quinns guilt or innocence is neither here nor there, they were not the only ones but they do seem at the moment to be the only ones facing trial. Personally I don't think there's a director a bank who should not be facing charges but all we have is the chance that Sean Fitzpatrick will face trial some time next January.

The Quinns are in trouble but no way are they the only ones who were involved in the boys club that was Irish banking and big business. Keep your insults.
    Its Up to ME

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast