Follow @PoliticsIE
 
 
 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26

Thread: Are the Cypriots about to get a better bailout by burning bondholders, depositors, foreign banks

  1. #1
    Politics.ie Member mido's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Republic Of Connaught 1798
    Posts
    3,373
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default Are the Cypriots about to get a better bailout by burning bondholders, depositors, foreign banks

    Cyprus faces bailout row over fears of 'haircuts' for investors

    Our mistakes do not look like being replicated in the cypriot bailout - depositors and bondholders look like being scalped - if you substitute russian banks for german banks there is model there fro us to seek out- as regards gas reserves it has been debated elsewhere but we gave ours away. proposals are seen as victory for IMF part of troika
    Pity the nation divided into into fragments, each fragment deeming itself a nation - Khalil Gibran

  2. #2
    Politics.ie Member daveL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    19,569
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mido View Post
    Cyprus faces bailout row over fears of 'haircuts' for investors

    Our mistakes do not look like being replicated in the cypriot bailout - depositors and bondholders look like being scalped - if you substitute russian banks for german banks there is model there fro us to seek out- as regards gas reserves it has been debated elsewhere but we gave ours away. proposals are seen as victory for IMF part of troika
    I wonder would it be any different if the Cypriot government introduced a blanket bank guarantee...

  3. #3
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Out of here, for a while.
    Posts
    2,916
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Ooohh are the cypriots gonna take over as the cool guys from Iceland with the thickos on here.

  4. #4
    Politics.ie Member Crazy horse 6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Tallaght
    Posts
    13,501
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvar88 View Post
    Ooohh are the cypriots gonna take over as the cool guys from Iceland with the thickos on here.

    Haha good one. Your a funny guy, really.

  5. #5
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    969
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvar88 View Post
    Ooohh are the cypriots gonna take over as the cool guys from Iceland with the thickos on here.
    Well its certainly no longer cool to be Irish. Its probably a good thing, it may get rid of that Celtic Tiger arrogance.

  6. #6
    Politics.ie Member daveL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    19,569
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
    Well its certainly no longer cool to be Irish. Its probably a good thing, it may get rid of that Celtic Tiger arrogance.
    'we' dreamed that up ourselves based on a few exciteable Brits down in Temple Bar...

  7. #7
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Out of here, for a while.
    Posts
    2,916
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy horse 6 View Post
    Haha good one. Your a funny guy, really.
    ''You're''

    Did you go to school?

  8. #8
    Dylan2010
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvar88 View Post
    ''You're''

    Did you go to school?
    now now, to be fair I dont remember having classes in typing while eating my lunch, watching TV with the kids jumping all over me. Just be glad its not in txt speak and leave it ther.

  9. #9
    Politics.ie Member bonkers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    23,975
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvar88 View Post
    ''You're''

    Did you go to school?
    If only we all got 96% in our junior cert history exam like you.

  10. #10
    Politics.ie Member gerhard dengler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Utopia
    Posts
    47,431
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Default

    Colm McCarthy in last weekend's Sindo suggested watching the Cyprus situation.

    According to him foreign deposits, rather than long term bonds, make up practically all the liabilities in insolvent Cypriot banks.
    Talk of haircuts to those depositors is the rumour.
    Politics.ie moderators should moderate instead.
    Welcome to Political Irish | Political Irish

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •