Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Arrogance at it's Best - Fianna Gael GE April 8, 2016

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Arrogance at it's Best - Fianna Gael GE April 8, 2016

God almighty the loonies have made my day again. They actually think they will get in again for another 5 year term after giving the country a second dose of Fine Fail, austerity, lies, waffle and misery. And the sum total of their thoughts are on winning another election so as they can grab the headlines and parade down O'Connell Street.

The political class of this country is the reason we are in the mess that we are, decades of parish pump gombeenism, jumped up no-no's heading to Dublin to pick up a merc and pension for life. Are we not just tired of it all at this stage? Can we not come up with a better system? Should we not now at this time in our countrys history put the civil war bill+Ben parties aside and have an independent group of real Irish people at the helm.

I think we have been blindly led for decades on issues and only wake up when the story turns foul. It also worries me that there seems to be no end to the two-horse trick that is Fianna Gael+Fine Fail

Party strategists have worked out the actual dates for a general election campaign by stretching the rules to the limit. Although the Labour Party is deliberately casting doubt over the future of the Government, their coalition partners are looking ahead to April 8, 2016 as polling day in the next general election.

Moreover, Taoiseach Enda 220'000kpa Kenny yesterday committed the Government to seeing out its full five-year term. Dismissing suggestions of the government parties being at odds over a bank debt deal, Mr Kenny said that the Coalition was not in jeopardy. However, the approach to securing a debt deal and drafting abortion laws still present sensitive challenges to the Government.

Fine Gael plans date for next general election - National News - Independent.ie

Somewhere up in the Wicklow mountains digging an even deeper nuclear shelter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hopefully the arrogant tw@ts won't last until the end of this year.
    If you continue to elect idiots in elections, don't be surprised when the result is an idiotic government.

MrFunkyBoogaloo

Saw this earlier and thought exactly the same - arrogance. The thing that stood out for me was that FG appear to have planned it with the aim of catching a boost from the centenary of 1916.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

If you don't think there's an end to FG+FF then how can you say they're "loony" for thinking they'll get in for another term?

Who do you think will form the next govt?
    I'm living in America, and in America, you're on your own. America's not a country. It's just a business. Now f***ing pay me.

If they don't make a principled stand on the Anglo blackmail, they wont make it out of 2013.

If they decide to (and can) go full term it would put the 1916 centenary right in the middle of an election campaign. I'm not sure that good for any party but it would certainly help avoid the jingoistic nonsense of 1966.
    Thank you for the six thousand likes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Some one should tell them the old saying" The best laid schemes of mice and men" don't always go according to plan!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Breaking news Government party may go its whole term. In other news I nearly hit a crow today but thankfully I didn't.
    "There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." Ernest Hemingway

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The thought of Willie O'Dea back in office just sent a shiver down my spine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aristodemus View Post
    The thought of Willie O'Dea back in office just sent a shiver down my spine.
    He'll be 64 so rest easy.
    "There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." Ernest Hemingway

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast