Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Did the allies allow the Nazi's to carry out executions 'after' the war?

Politics.ie Member Mr Aphorisms's Avatar
    Non-binary, Polysexual. Livin' in a safe space.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Did the allies allow the Nazi's to carry out executions 'after' the war?

I recently watched a film called Black Book. One of the best war films I have seen in a long time, which I highly recommend.

In the film, near the end, after the Nazi's have surrendered, a top SS man tells a Canadian (might have been English) officer that he has the right to execute another Nazi, Muntze, who was to be executed for treason against the state. Muntze escaped, but later on is found again. The execution went ahead as the SS officer looked on at the execution of Muntze.

Someone has to please tell me that this did not actually happen? Or did it? And if so, why were the Nazi's allowed carry out their own executions after the war? Was it only against Nazi officials and soldiers?

I am not sure if the SS officer tricked the Canadian officer, or if it was policy and subsequently, they had the right to carry out executions. Seems strange that it would be.
    I hate money making men - Alexander Hamilton

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Black Book was Paul Verhoeven's first Dutch movie for years after his return from Hollywood, where he'd based his success on high-octane movies such as the original Total Recall , Basic Instinct, Robocop and Starship Troopers.

Personally I always thought Black Book showed he'd brought too many of the Hollywood production values - at least in terms of letting action act as a substitute for plausibility - back home to Europe with him. It's supposedly based on a true story but only in the usual Hollywood way, i.e. in the same way that the Michael Collins movie is an accurate historical record. In the film, anyway, the Canadian is tricked, as best I can recall.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Do you have a source for that photo?
    “There are probably more annoying things than being hectored about African development by a wealthy Irish rock star in a cowboy hat, but I can’t think of one at the moment.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sgtharper View Post
    Do you have a source for that photo?

Probably the same source as he had for the cut & paste: rense.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Feckkit View Post
    Probably the same source as he had for the cut & paste: rense.com
    Next you're gonna say the '88' has some meaning behind it?

Rense - could all be true, wouldn't suprise me, but some sort of evidence, rather than, he had jewish blood, and story from conspiracy theorist, holocaust and 9/11 spook. Suspect stuff from a suspect source.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by satanclaus88 View Post
    Someone has to please tell me that this did not actually happen? Or did it? And if so, why were the Nazi's allowed carry out their own executions after the war? Was it only against Nazi officials and soldiers?

I am not sure if the SS officer tricked the Canadian officer, or if it was policy and subsequently, they had the right to carry out executions. Seems strange that it would be.

I don't think they really cared too much about saving any German lives.

Eisenhower's Holocaust - His Slaughter Of 1.7 Million Germans

One month before the end of World War 11, General Eisenhower issued special orders concerning the treatment of German Prisoners and specific in the language of those orders was this statement,

"Prison enclosures are to provide no shelter or other comforts."

Eisenhower biographer Stephen Ambrose, who was given access to the Eisenhower personal letters, states that he proposed to exterminate the entire German General Staff, thousands of people, after the war.

Eisenhower, in his personal letters, did not merely hate the Nazi Regime, and the few who imposed its will down from the top, but that HE HATED THE GERMAN PEOPLE AS A RACE. It was his personal intent to destroy as many of them as he could, and one way was to wipe out as many prisoners of war as possible.

Of course, that was illegal under International law, so he issued an order on March 10, 1945 and verified by his initials on a cable of that date, that German Prisoners of War be predesignated as "Disarmed Enemy Forces" called in these reports as DEF. He ordered that these Germans did not fall under the Geneva Rules, and were not to be fed or given any water or medical attention. The Swiss Red Cross was not to inspect the camps, for under the DEF classification, they had no such authority or jurisdiction.

Months after the war was officially over, Eisenhower's special German DEF camps were still in operation forcing the men into confinement, but denying that they were prisoners. As soon as the war was over, General George Patton simply turned his prisoners loose to fend for themselves and find their way home as best they could. Eisenhower was furious, and issued a specific order to Patton, to turn these men over to the DEF camps. Knowing Patton as we do from history, we know that these orders were largely ignored, and it may well be that Patton's untimely and curious death may have been a result of what he knew about these wretched Eisenhower DEF camps.

The book, OTHER LOSSES, found its way into the hands of a Canadian news reporter, Peter Worthington, of the OTTAWA SUN. He did his own research through contacts he had in Canada, and reported in his column on September 12,1989 the following, in part:

"...it is hard to escape the conclusion that Dwight Eisenhower was a war criminal of epic proportions. His (DEF) policy killed more Germans in peace than were killed in the European Theater."

"For years we have blamed the 1.7 million missing German POW's on the Russians. Until now, no one dug too deeply ... Witnesses and survivors have been interviewed by the author; one Allied officer compared the American camps to Buchenwald."

Wonder when Hollywood will be doing a movie on this Holocaust
    [/QUOTE]

Unless I'm missing something the picture could be any group of released concentration camp prisoners.
    Its Up to ME

Politics.ie Member Little_Korean's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by satanclaus88 View Post
    I don't think they really cared too much about saving any German lives.

Eisenhower's Holocaust - His Slaughter Of 1.7 Million Germans
    From 'author unknown.'

Hm, not a great start.

decent movie, Black Book. But to get a real feel for life in Holland during the war, Read Simon Kuper's Ajax, The Dutch, The War. Eye-opening stuff.
    Wouldn't it be fun
    If they gave the ref a gun?

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast