Follow @PoliticsIE

Thread: Does Brian Dobson's style suggest he's a media bully?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Does Brian Dobson's style suggest he's a media bully?

For the past two evenings, I have been sickened by Brian Dobson's style of interviewing. He wants to cut across the interviewee's answer and can be heard purring in the background as he tries to intervene - which means he is not listeniung to what is being said. I find it irritating as, regardless of who is being interviewed, I get the feeling that Brian wants to prove he knows more than the person being interviewed.
    Could it be that he has a complex after his wonderful interview with the Bert years a go - a case of once bitten twice shy! I wish he'd stop being so aggressive and let the listeners judge the answers.

Politics.ie Member flavirostris's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It's a clear case of over compensation for his lapdog act with Ahern in 2006. He's been trying to make up for that since by being super aggressive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon73 View Post
    For the past two evenings, I have been sickened by Brian Dobson's style of interviewing. He wants to cut across the interviewee's answer and can be heard purring in the background as he tries to intervene - which means he is not listeniung to what is being said. I find it irritating as, regardless of who is being interviewed, I get the feeling that Brian wants to prove he knows more than the person being interviewed.
    Could it be that he has a complex after his wonderful interview with the Bert years a go - a case of once bitten twice shy! I wish he'd stop being so aggressive and let the listeners judge the answers.
    He got a lot of abuse over the soft Bertie thing.

The expression doing a dobbo became a metaphor for a soft interview.

Hence mr interruptions.
    I believe that children are the future

Unless we stop them now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I think it's an RTE problem in general. Miriam does that interrupting too. It's as if they are confused between aggressive questioning and forensic questioning. Less of the former and more of the latter, please.
    Eagla agus eaglais: an bhfuil an fhréamh teangeolaíochta céanna acu?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This is what happens when someone who only attended a further education college like Rathmines College gets the big gig in RTE.
    I have closed down this account, I am now The Rahenyite.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Nobody thinks he's right to interrupt them when they're waffling? It's a very tight schedule 6.01 and 9 News, if politicians were allowed to say what they want without interruption they would never answer the hard questions before time was up.

If they got rid of sports news, relegate it to it's own show there would be more time for in depth analysis of the days events and less need to cut across those being interviewed.