Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Noonan upbeat about 2013 and "very strong 2014/2015".

Politics.ie Member Marcos the black's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Noonan upbeat about 2013 and "very strong 2014/2015".

"Michael Noonan said he is confident that 2013 will be a crucial turning point for the Irish economy.

"Deficits are going down, debt is becoming sustainable, and confidence is building up - so I think that there was a good end to the year coming into Christmas, there was a good start to the year in January" he said.

"I think while everything won't be sailing along in perfection in 2013, I think we'll look back on it as the year in which the economy turned and I look forward to very strong areas in 2014/2015" he added."

http://newstalk.ie/Exchequer-figures...revenues-up-3%

I wonder how long it will take for a poster to argue this outlook on the basis that he's "baldy".. But it's good to see some upbeat comments about the economy for a change.

2013 is to be a turning point year in this recession/depression depending on your point of view, and can be built on next year and the following one.
    I also notice that the Indo (as opposed to the Sindo) has become increasingly upbeat too with recent features on inward investments and entrepreneurs.

So what do you think? Is the "back broken" of this recession? Is there finally light at the end of the tunnel? (and no I don't mean an oncoming train )
    You'll never go broke appealing to the lowest common denominator.

MrFunkyBoogaloo

Quote Originally Posted by Marcos the black View Post
    "Michael Noonan said he is confident that 2013 will be a crucial turning point for the Irish economy.

"Deficits are going down, debt is becoming sustainable, and confidence is building up - so I think that there was a good end to the year coming into Christmas, there was a good start to the year in January" he said.

"I think while everything won't be sailing along in perfection in 2013, I think we'll look back on it as the year in which the economy turned and I look forward to very strong areas in 2014/2015" he added."

I wonder how long it will take for a poster to argue this outlook on the basis that he's "baldy".. But it's good to see some upbeat comments about the economy for a change.

2013 is to be a turning point year in this recession/depression depending on your point of view, and can be built on next year and the following one.
    I also notice that the Information has become increasingly upbeat too with recent features on inward investments and entrepreneurs.

So what do you think? Is the "back broken" of this recession? Is there finally light at the end of the tunnel? (and no I don't mean an oncoming train )
    I disagree but Noonan is entitled to his opinion. However what on earth possessed him to say this...?

"debt is becoming sustainable"

Is he actually serious about that claim?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Don't you mean Two-Thirteen?
    Boycott the "Irish" Sun rag.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MrFunkyBoogaloo View Post
    I disagree but Noonan is entitled to his opinion but what on earth posessed him to say this...?

He's talking about his car loan.
    Abortion is an act of violence. Violence demeans humanity, particularly violence against women and children.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I see the name Newstalk on your post that tell me it all bullsh1t.

Politics.ie Member Marcos the black's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MrFunkyBoogaloo View Post
    I disagree but Noonan is entitled to his opinion. However what on earth possessed him to say this...?

Well he is the one dealing with the PN's.... Maybe he knows something you don't?
    Last edited by Marcos the black; 4th February 2013 at 09:57 PM.
    You'll never go broke appealing to the lowest common denominator.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I also notice that the Indo (as opposed to the Sindo) has become increasingly upbeat too with recent features on inward investments and entrepreneurs.

I am sure the ECB will be delighted to hear that our Minsiter of Finance thinks that our debt is becoming sustainable - no need for a deal on Promissory Notes so. Why does this Government keep insisting that we can manage our debt while at the same time crying for help from EU on the same debt.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Noonan is the go too man for positivity i felt good when i heard him speak these words today, i wore off soon after but anyway.

MrFunkyBoogaloo

Well be is the one dealing with the PN's.... Maybe he knows something you don't?
    Perhaps he does....

Although I'll take bets on whether, as FM, he checks his own department's figures or not - especially the ones relating to debt and interest payments on that debt which are getting worse and are set to increase over the next number of years...

Knowing that (or not...as the case may be) he still comes out with such a ludicrous claim.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I predict 4 years of small growth, followed by a return to the nominal growth of the 1990's. Noonan is entitled to his opinion of course he is inherently bias in light of his job. I wonder what he thinks of the 7% increase in govt spending in January.

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast