Follow @PoliticsIE

Thread: School violence in Estonia: teenage students bullying a teacher

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default School violence in Estonia: teenage students bullying a teacher

Came across this video on Youtube showing a teacher being intimidated by his pupils. It's big news in Estonia and has led to call for those responsible to be expelled immediately.

I have to say my heart went out for the man and made me realise what a difficult job it must to be a teacher esp those dealing with kids with behavioral problems. What do you think the teacher should have done here? I don't think there was a lot he could have done.

Last edited by chriskavo; 4th February 2013 at 03:33 AM.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chriskavo View Post
    Came across this video on Youtube showing a teacher being intimidated by his pupils. It's big news in Estonia and has led to call for those responsible to be expelled immediately.

I have to say my heart went out for the man and made me realise what a difficult job it must to be a teacher esp those working with kids with obvious behavioral problems. What do you think the teacher should have done here? I don't think there was a lot he could have done.

I would've thought that FSU countries would have much harsher discipline in schools than western europe. I've heard that Estonians are very similar to the likes of the finns in temperament, too easy going for their own good.