Follow @PoliticsIE

Thread: Family Saddle Up,And Sign In For Quango Seat Certainty!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Family Saddle Up,And Sign In For Quango Seat Certainty!

When Clonakilty auctioneer Kieran O'Gorman was nominated to run for election to the Irish Horse Board Cooperative Society,in the week that followed a staggering 98 individuals paid €10 to join the southern region of the co-op.
    Among those were 38 family members who stumped up the fee,therefore giving them a vote in the election.
    Incredibly another 15 of those that joined,gave their contact address as a beauty salon run by his wife in Clonakilty,not far from his Auctioneer premises.Maybe they are worth it.
    It seems there was a real clamour to join this co-op to be able to vote,As some of those even handed over their pocket money,they were under the age of 16yrs,and are not entitled to vote after all.
    Thankfully their pocket money was handed back to them.
    Mr O'Gorman duly hacked up in the election,and came home alone,winning cosily in the end.
    When asked about all sudden influx of members,Kieran O' Gorman said
    "I genuinely do not know the circumstances of that... it is an election so people who have an interest in supporting you can join the co-op,” he said."
    Is the type of this greed ever going to end?It's a disgrace.

38 family members applied to vote for quango director | Irish Examiner
    "You think thats bad,theres one lunatic that posts on there 40-50 times a day..He's alone..in bad company!

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

'Course, he knows nauthink!'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Pat View Post
    'Course, he knows nauthink!'
    Wonder where the 98 people got the information to sign up from? Doubt if the Co-op ran an advertisement/information campaign
    "You think thats bad,theres one lunatic that posts on there 40-50 times a day..He's alone..in bad company!

Northern Ireland - without forgiveness, there is dysfunctionality.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Did he say Gimmemore state positions for me family ?
    Coveney's ambition is the be Ireland's next EU Commissar and Ireland will pay a price as he builds his CV to position himself sufficiently loyal to the nEU empire.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Good because when this latest game of musical chairs stops (The Government collapses) we want as many as their friends in nice cushy well paid jobs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Is there a payment for the position?

great work by Conor Ryan
    If I ask a question don't just 'like' the post, reply to it. - If I post a lot about a subject I may write a post about it at http://dublinstreams.blogspot.ie/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"During the same week in Nov 2011, Mr O’Gorman’s political ally and outgoing chairman of Horse Sport Ireland, Joe Walsh, also joined the co-op, along with his wife. Mr Walsh is also a nominated director of the IHB. It subsequently transpired that a number of those who applied for a ballot card in Nov 2011 were under the age of 16."

What is it with Horses,Greed,Strokes and Fianna Fail? The Galway Tent,and the Prolific Gambler who always won on the Gee Gees,Bertie Ahern.