Follow @PoliticsIE

Thread: Slán Gaelscéal...? Great opportunity for Foinse

Politics.ie Member Darren J. Prior's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Slán Gaelscéal...? Great opportunity for Foinse

Gaelscéal posted a Tweet on Twitter around an hour ago saying that the paper is no longer going to be printed and the story was just covered on Nuacht TG4 although the report wasn't big on the Nuacht as of course we do not have a lot of information on it. It will be printed next week at least, where more information will be available, but we don't know for how much longer they will continue.

I enjoy Gaelséal and am disappointed for the team there if the paper will cease. I hope all the employees there get jobs elsewhere.

However, this is a great opportunity for Foinse which is published with The Irish Independent on Wednesdays to increase the volume of their paper. Heck, really, Foinse is a news supplement now with The Irish Independent. It was a newspaper when it was a stand alone paper but then when it started to come out with The Irish Independent it was tiny.

I hope that the money or most of the money supplied by the Government for Gaelscéal goes to Foinse so that they can employ new employees (from Gaelscéal mostly hopefully) and increase the size of the supplement so that it becomes a respectable, decent size newspaper again.

Politics.ie Member Darren J. Prior's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Suirbhé / Survey- Foras na Gaeilge

Deadline is 16th April!

www.gaeilge.ie/suirbhe