Follow @PoliticsIE

Thread: TD's Collect 7.2m in Travel and Office Allowances for 2012.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default TD's Collect 7.2m in Travel and Office Allowances for 2012.

Journal.ie have just published the list of allowances for travel and office expenses that our 166 TD's have managed to collect during 2012....and it amounts to 7.2m.

What sticks out for me are certain TD's. For example, there are certain SF TD's who seem to be collecting large sums. Pearse Doherty for example collected 61,294.08 in addition to his TD's salary. Johnathan O'Brien collected 60,550.08. Caoimhghin O'Caolain collected 58,666.08 with Martin Ferris collecting 62.050.08. Then we have Richard Boyd Barrett who's collecting 37,700.04 the exact same amount that's been collected by another ULA member Joan Collins. Clare Daly is collecting 27,000 - now where's her office? People who collected the least are Brian Hayes along with James Reilly who's travel and allowances amounted to 12,000.

How many of these TD's are claiming allowances that are vouched? How many of these TD's actually have constituency offices? How many of these TD's are using taxpayers money to employ family and friends? Why on earth are we continuing to give TD's an allowance for travelling in to work? Why are we giving TD's an allowance for their office expenses - surely that should come out of their own pocket?

TDs receive

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...=sharing#gid=0
    Last edited by damus; 1st February 2013 at 05:59 PM. Reason: Typo

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by damus View Post
    Journal.ie have just published the list of allowances for travel and office expenses that our 166 TD's have managed to collect during 2012....and it amounts to €7.2m.

What sticks out for me are certain TD's. For example, there are certain SF TD's who seem to be collecting large sums. Pearse Doherty for example collected €61,294.08 in addition to his TD's salary. Johnathan O'Brien collected €60,550.08. Caoimhghin O'Caolain collected €58,666.08 with Martin Ferris collecting 62.050.08. Then we have Richard Boyd Barrett who's collecting €37,700.04 the exact same amount that's been collected by another ULA member Joan Collins. Clare Daly is collecting 27,000 - now where's her office? People who collected the least are Brian Hayes along with James Reilly who's travel and allowances amounted to €12,000.

How many of these TD's are claiming allowances that are vouched? How many of these TD's actually have constituency offices? How many of these TD's are using taxpayers money to employ family and friends? Why on earth are we continuing to give TD's an allowance for travelling in to work? Why are we giving TD's an allowance for their office expenses - surely that should come out of their own pocket?

TDs receive

Ah ya, sure do give examples of far travelling TD's whom you dispise to Dublin based TD's who's party you like. That's a fair comparison
    Boycott the "Irish" Sun rag.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Journal.ie have just published the list of allowances for travel and office expenses that our 166 TD's have managed to collect during 2012....and it amounts to 7.2m.

What sticks out for me are certain TD's. For example, there are certain SF TD's who seem to be collecting large sums. Pearse Doherty for example collected 61,294.08 in addition to his TD's salary. Johnathan O'Brien collected 60,550.08. Caoimhghin O'Caolain collected 58,666.08 with Martin Ferris collecting 62.050.08. Then we have Richard Boyd Barrett who's collecting 37,700.04 the exact same amount that's been collected by another ULA member Joan Collins. Clare Daly is collecting 27,000 - now where's her office? People who collected the least are Brian Hayes along with James Reilly who's travel and allowances amounted to 12,000.

TDs receive

I wonder have you an agenda against certain TD's ?
    I mean you did not even mention the highest, youe a wee bit biased boss.
    think they are all pretty bad

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ruserious View Post
    Ah ya, sure do give examples of far travelling TD's whom you dispise to Dublin based TD's who's party you like. That's a fair comparison
    And which party do I like?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kkkkkkkkkk View Post
    I wonder have you an agenda against certain TD's ?
    think they are all pretty bad
    Oh I agree - they're all dispicable which is why I questioned why we're paying any of these guys allowances in the first place. If I had my way none of them would get one bloomin cent.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Oh I agree - they're all dispicable which is why I questioned why we're paying any of these guys allowances in the first place. If I had my way none of them would get one bloomin cent.
    you did not even mention who got the highest, like WTF

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Journal.ie have just published the list of allowances for travel and office expenses that our 166 TD's have managed to collect during 2012....and it amounts to €7.2m.

What sticks out for me are certain TD's. For example, there are certain SF TD's who seem to be collecting large sums. Pearse Doherty for example collected €61,294.08 in addition to his TD's salary. Johnathan O'Brien collected €60,550.08. Caoimhghin O'Caolain collected €58,666.08 with Martin Ferris collecting 62.050.08. Then we have Richard Boyd Barrett who's collecting €37,700.04 the exact same amount that's been collected by another ULA member Joan Collins. Clare Daly is collecting 27,000 - now where's her office? People who collected the least are Brian Hayes along with James Reilly who's travel and allowances amounted to €12,000.

TDs receive

Meanwhile,let the rest of us eat cake.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

And which party do I like?
    The impression from the OP would suggest government parties.
    Boycott the "Irish" Sun rag.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ruserious View Post
    The impression from the OP would suggest government parties.
    Nope - fortunately I didn't vote for any FG/Lab candidate in the last GE.

would it be tds who say they only taking the average indutrial wage fell that it ok to then use their full travel allowance
    If I ask a question don't just 'like' the post, reply to it. - If I post a lot about a subject I may write a post about it at http://dublinstreams.blogspot.ie/