Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The death of Labour in South Kerry

Default The death of Labour in South Kerry

It has just been announced on Radio Kerry that Breda Moynihan-Cronin is definitively retiring from politics, and will not be contesting the 2014 County Council Elections. Her selection had already proven controversial, with grassroots members arguing that her selection had been essentially imposed by HQ and that rival potential candidates were being discouraged from putting their names forward. Of course, this has been a 20-year issue in South Kerry Labour, causing Michael Gleeson to found SKIA, and the resultant acrimony has led to a situation whereby the three electoral wards in South Kerry contain one Labour councillor between them. In many respects, this will probably prove the final nail in AJ Spring's electoral coffin, as he can hardly be involved at the final count without a sufficiently high sweeper transfer from Moloney.
    My political compass:
    Economic Left/Right: -5.38
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.64

Northern Ireland - without forgiveness, there is dysfunctionality.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

To be honest Kerry only sends clowns to the Dail anyway, so I don't know why this even gets a mention....
    Last edited by Analyzer; 1st February 2013 at 11:39 AM.
    Coveney's ambition is the be Ireland's next EU Commissar and Ireland will pay a price as he builds his CV to position himself sufficiently loyal to the nEU empire.

Politics.ie Member NewGoldDream's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Moloney got a string enough vote last time. If she holds that, and a good chunk of it transfers to Spring, he would surely be in the running for the last seat?

Labour in Sth Kerry is in disarray mind.

Northern Ireland - without forgiveness, there is dysfunctionality.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

But....surely a younger relative somewhere can be found to carry on the family business in politicis ?
    Coveney's ambition is the be Ireland's next EU Commissar and Ireland will pay a price as he builds his CV to position himself sufficiently loyal to the nEU empire.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
    To be honest Kerry only sends clowns to the Dail anyway, so I don't know this even gets a mention....

What about Tipperary?
    “That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.” - Christopher Hitchens

Politics.ie Member Crazy horse 6's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

To be honest Kerry only sends clowns to the Dail anyway, so I don't know this even gets a mention....
    Da Bert. Nuff said.

Quote Originally Posted by FloatingVoterTralee View Post
    In many respects, this will probably prove the final nail in AJ Spring's electoral coffin, as he can hardly be involved at the final count without a sufficiently high sweeper transfer from Moloney.

Is Kerry becoming a one-constituency five seater? If not, how do the Labour goings on in South Kerry affect AJ Spring?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

there is clowns getting elected all over the island. Bertie, Reilly, Hogan, etc etc
    The Healy Raes are just more visible so singling out Kerry is unfair tbh. Hopefully we will see the death of labour in lots of places. Nothing more than they deserve

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

and the other 25 other counties send something different? News to me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Labour shafted Michael Gleeson (similar to FF shafting JHR and Tom Fleming) and are finding it difficult to recover from that mess. Gleeson would be a far stronger candidate than Moloney.
    I agree that AJ may find it difficult to hold his seat, his profile is low, he doesn't appeal to the working class and Ferris will hoover up votes in Tralee, Castleisland and other parts of North Kerry

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast