Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Enterprise Ireland quango creates a nett of 6 jobs for 336m ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Enterprise Ireland quango creates a nett of 6 jobs for 336m ...

Enterprise Ireland is an ueber quango with a suitably gargantuan budget, in today's Irish Times they declare themselves elated by creating 6 jobs for 336 million
    Enterprise Ireland chief elated by creation of six net jobs in 2011 - The Irish Times - Fri, Feb 01, 2013

Are you as happy as them ? Methinks time for snip snip of EI

cYp
    "Yawn , am I alive yet ?"

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Suppose they had not attracted any new jobs and we got to keep the €360 odd million would you be happy?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cyberianpan View Post
    Enterprise Ireland is an ueber quango with a suitably gargantuan budget, in today's Irish Times they declare themselves elated by creating 6 jobs for €336 million
    Enterprise Ireland chief elated by creation of six net jobs in 2011 - The Irish Times - Fri, Feb 01, 2013

Are you as happy as them ? Methinks time for snip snip of EI

cYp
    OK - what would the job losses have been in the EI-supported companies were it not for EI support? Absent that statistic, the "6 net jobs" statistic is extremely misleading.

It's a bit like complaining that Garda spending is a complete waste because there's still crime. I mean, when did the Gardai ever achieve negative crime figures, dammit?
    Never let the best be the enemy of the good.

GDPR Deleted
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

They created over 9,000 jobs in a very bad year.

Between themselves and the IDA they do a fantastic job for the country and over the last few years, in business speak, we'd be hanging by our bolloxs without them.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mr Ryan said he was elated because the collapse in the construction sector had devastated firms and accounted for more than half the job losses in Enterprise Ireland-supported firms between 2008 and 2010.
    I thought EI were only concerned with Irish business in the export market? How would they be affected by the construction collpase? Am I missing something?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Harmonica View Post
    I thought EI were only concerned with Irish business in the export market? How would they be affected by the construction collpase? Am I missing something?
    I presume companies like CRH and Kingspan are affected by the European slow down of construction. I don't know if they get EI support.

Politics.ie Member General Urko's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

How much are the big knobs at EI earning? It seems even worse than the county enterprise boards where almost all the money given to them was paid in salaries, bonuses and expenses!
    If you started a business with 6 employees, you would be crucified by red tape, rent, rates etc, in particular if you were an Irish person! Oh and no SW rights if your business goes belly up and in many respects the environment would be made to virtually guarantee your failure! You couldn't make it up!

Quote Originally Posted by cyberianpan View Post
    Enterprise Ireland is an ueber quango with a suitably gargantuan budget, in today's Irish Times they declare themselves elated by creating 6 jobs for 336 million

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

we are a very ignorant people
    and we deserve everything we get

this quango created 9000 jobs and

still we have turkeys open a thread and complain

total clowns in this country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kkkkkkkkkk View Post
    we are a very ignorant people
    and we deserve everything we get

this quango created 9000 jobs and

still we have turkeys open a thread and complain

total clowns in this country
    Get off your high horse. Euro 336,000,000 for the supposed 9,000 jobs is Euro 37,333 per job. That, along with our ultra low corporate tax rate, makes me wonder exactly how hard their jobs are (and how they got them).
    Clicking an ad a day keeps Politics.ie in business.

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast