Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Unionist protestors to allow 'traffic to flow in both lanes'.

Do town and country dwellers have radically different prospects?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Unionist protestors to allow 'traffic to flow in both lanes'.

Union flag protestors are to adopt a new strategy by holding ‘white-line’ demonstrations, allowing traffic to flow in both lanes, it has emerged. Ulster People’s Forum was founded to discuss the on going protests and the wider issues within the Protestant Unionist Loyalist community(PUL).

This will come as a big relief to most people across the province as over the last two months trade in Belfast's city centre has been decimated by unionists protesting over the removal of the Union flag from BCC for most of the year. Indeed The Confederation for British Industry claims the protests have cost the economy over 15 million pounds. Chairman of the Ulster People’s Forum Jamie Bryson said:

“The Ulster People’s Forum have a consensus that those who took part as representatives of their various areas on Saturday feel that the peaceful protests should move to a new phase of white line protests and also localised protests outside Council offices to coincide with monthly meetings in each respective area.

“The UPF are keen to emphasise that they do not claim to speak for all the protestors and whilst we as a group will move forward encouraging white line protests we will remain supportive of anyone who wishes to exercise their democratic right to peaceful protest in a non violent manner.”

A welcomed development for the 'ordinary' man and woman in and around NI as it also comes as 11 people including two women, were arrested after road blockages and protests in Derry and east Belfast. It also brings an end to the aptly named 'Operation Standstill'.

Flag protestors adopt

Eleven arrested for blocking roads in Northern Ireland protests
    'Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness'.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Is it just me?
    Every time I hear anything from these confused eejits, I think of the People's Front of Judea.

Politics.ie Member between the bridges's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vivabrigada View Post
    Is it just me?
    Every time I hear anything from these confused eejits, I think of the People's Front of Judea.
    well it is about the Romans...

my thoughts a) it's taking longer to dwindle away than i thought and this is the last gasp b) didn't duffy and co hold white line protests too?
    Nec Aspera Terrent..Is Tuaisceart-Éireannach mé. Má tá meas agat ar mo chultúr, beidh meas agam ar do chultúr.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vivabrigada View Post
    Is it just me?

Viva, maybe they are seeking a word of thanks from everyone they fukked up over these past few months.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by between the bridges View Post
    well it is about the Romans...

my thoughts a) it's taking longer to dwindle away than i thought and this is the last gasp b) didn't duffy and co hold white line protests too?
    I didn't say anything about the white line pickets, they wouldn't bother me.
    The statement from the PFJ, sorry UPF has only sewn yet more confusion among the fleg protesters. (and me)

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

whos the extra from trainspotting in the first picture?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rapparree View Post
    whos the extra from trainspotting in the first picture?
    Do you mean renowned author Jamie Bryson or renowned 'down to earth' Willie Frazer?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by theloner View Post
    Do you mean renowned author Jamie Bryson or renowned 'down to earth' Willie Frazer?
    thats jamie bryson is it? he looks like he stepped off the luas red line. I recognise the frazier character well.The latter must be very bad if the other man is the main public face of these yahoos

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

thats jamie bryson is it? he looks like he stepped off the luas red line. I recognise the frazier character well. He must be very bad if the other man is the main public face of these yahoos
    Have you missed all the fun?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlbmM37uzKw

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

thats jamie bryson is it? he looks like he stepped off the luas red line. I recognise the frazier character well.The latter must be very bad if the other man is the main public face of these yahoos
    Yes, he's a 'born-again'. He's the one carrying a UVF flag. He loves flags. Flags are his life. Flags and Jesus. He was born in 1990..

Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast