Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 29 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Missing Man Turns Up After 8 Months

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Missing Man Turns Up After 8 Months

Very strange story this one. 68 year-old Michael McGeever - former property developer in Dubai - went missing last June. Seemingly he was abducted. He was discovered at side of the road in Leitrim covered in a plastic bag and wearing no shoes. He claims he was held captive for the whole time and had been left there by men in a van. Definitely a good story in this!

Missing man found walking on country road - The Irish Times - Thu, Jan 31, 2013

Politics.ie Member stopdoingstuff's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Removed my original remark so as not the wreck the thread.
    Faoi mhóid bheith saor

Somewhere up in the Wicklow mountains digging an even deeper nuclear shelter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Highly bizarre alright but at least he is safe!
    If you continue to elect idiots in elections, don't be surprised when the result is an idiotic government.

Politics.ie Member stopdoingstuff's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Other than being detained, I wonder was he mistreated.
    Faoi mhóid bheith saor

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sounds like they were skimping on the food anyway!

Seriously though, being held that long without any ransom demands or informed speculation as to why he was abducted must be unprecedented here.

Persumably he must have been reasonably well off if he was involved in Dubai property but I imagine that if someone had been holding him and forcing him to transfer money or whatever that that would have been monitored.

Hopefully he is okay and will be able to shed light on whatever did happen.

Politics.ie Member LamportsEdge's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Lucky the Greens aren't still in coalition or he'd have received a bill for the plastic bag tax by now. IBEC are I understand it furiously lobbying Ministers at the moment trying to head off a Being-Found-At-The-Side-Of-The-Road-After-Many-Months levy on wealth creators.

Did they leave a delivery note with a neighbour?

That should see me safely excluded from this thread, I imagine. It is the mods' fault for excluding me off the military 'hut-hut-hut' Tom Clancy Readers Club thread on the 'Army Rangers'.
    Whenever understanding exists, accepting or rejecting is unnecessary. (Fundamentals of a Gnostic Education).

Politics.ie Member nicht besonders's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Very suspicious. Definitely will be watching this space.
    'Politics' is made up of two words, 'poli,' which is Greek for 'many,' and 'tics,' which are blood-sucking insects. - Gore Vidal

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Developer missing for months found starving by side of road

Poignant story in the Indo about a businessman who once traded property in Dubai, was found destitute by Gardai in Leitrim after going missing for eight months. When the guards found him , he was wrapped in plastic with no shoes and in an extremely emaciated state. Shocking stuff.

Thank God he was found alive as I am sure his close family and friends had feared the worst.

A PROPERTY developer missing from his home for the past eight months is being treated in hospital after being found disorientated and starving at the side of a rural road.

Kevin Michael McGeever, who once traded property in Dubai, turned up after being on a garda missing list since last summer.

Mr McGeever (68) was found on a road near Ballinamore, Co Leitrim, late on Tuesday night.

Friends and relatives are said to be both "astonished" and "delighted" that he had been found.

It is understood Mr McGeever told gardai that he had been dropped off at the rural location by a van, but he was unable at this stage to recall where he had been for the past eight months since disappearing from his home in Gort.
    Developer missing for months found starving by side of road - National News - Independent.ie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Missing developer found...starving

Developer missing for months found starving by side of road near Ballinamore, Co Leitrim, after seemingly been dropped off by a group of men in a...van. he has been gone since last summer, so it will be very interesting to see where he was and why he was kept for so long.

Kevin Michael McGeever, who once traded property in Dubai, turned up after being on a garda missing list since last summer. Friends and relatives are said to be both "astonished" and "delighted" at his return. This is a serious kidnapping style crime.

Details below:
    Developer missing for months found starving by side of road - National News - Independent.ie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chriskavo View Post
    Poignant story in the Indo about a businessman who once traded property in Dubai, was found destitute by Gardai in Leitrim after going missing for eight months. When the guards found him , he was wrapped in plastic with no shoes and in an extremely emaciated state. Shocking stuff.

Thank God he was found alive as I am sure his close family and friends had feared the worst.

Reads like the opening chapter of a Stephen King short story.

Page 1 of 29 1234511 ... LastLast