Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Go safe camera's not working....Time to scrap the revenue making fiasco

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Go safe camera's not working....Time to scrap the revenue making fiasco

Low and behold designed to save lives, but clearly failing in they're objective.

Numbers dead on roads so far this year double last year’s levels - National News - Independent.ie

Suprise suprise, someones making millions off motorists (again), and road safety hasnt improved. This bu.llsh.it spin has to stop. As i stated back in the day, at the beginning of go safes campaign, deaths were down, and the powers that be couldnt wait to get to the media shouting "see, we are right". Will the same people now come out and say "upps, we were wrong...." not likely. Stats on road deaths will rise and fall year in year out no matter what action is taking.

By the way, i want to make it clear im all for road safety, and feel for anyone out there who lost loved ones. However as i also stated before, if they want to put camera's everywhere, why not fixed ones? Danger zones will become known, all motorists will slow down in these particular places, objective achieved!! But no, they want to move them at random, playing cat and mouse with peoples lives, simply to insure the dollars keep rolling in. This is disgusting and immoral. What say you?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

17 road deaths in January is well below the average. The figure of 10 last year was the aberration.

Nothing whatosever to do with the Xavier McAuliffe €250,000 a week retirement scheme that is the Go Safe racket.

Fatalities and other Traffic Statistics - An Garda Síochána - Ireland's National Police Service
    "Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest." Mark Twain

“When a government is dependent upon bankers for money, they and not the leaders of the government control the situation, since the hand that gives is above the hand that takes. Money has no motherland; financiers are without patriotism and without decency; their sole object is gain.” Napoléon Bonaparte

Politics.ie Member The Field Marshal's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

A quisling government like Irelands will buy any old rubbish if it pretends to save lives.

The rubbish is then backed to the hilt by overpaid hacks in the Irish state owned dominant TV/Radio broadcasting organisation [RTE].
    Repeal the thirty-fourth amendment of the Irish constitution :
    Children have a basic right to be reared by a mother and a father.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fuque View Post
    Low and behold designed to save lives, but clearly failing in they're objective.

Numbers dead on roads so far this year double last year’s levels - National News - Independent.ie

Suprise suprise, someones making millions off motorists (again), and road safety hasnt improved. This bu.llsh.it spin has to stop. As i stated back in the day, at the beginning of go safes campaign, deaths were down, and the powers that be couldnt wait to get to the media shouting "see, we are right". Will the same people now come out and say "upps, we were wrong...." not likely. Stats on road deaths will rise and fall year in year out no matter what action is taking.

By the way, i want to make it clear im all for road safety, and feel for anyone out there who lost loved ones. However as i also stated before, if they want to put camera's everywhere, why not fixed ones? Danger zones will become known, all motorists will slow down in these particular places, objective achieved!! But no, they want to move them at random, playing cat and mouse with peoples lives, simply to insure the dollars keep rolling in. This is disgusting and immoral. What say you?
    FFS we are hardly a month into the year, you will get individual high months, overall the results have been a success, I like the fact that the places the cameras are likely to be are signposted and for the most part the spots are dangerous.
    There's a lot to be said for the fellow who doesn't say it himself. -- Maurice Switzer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

They are working.

They are raising a lot of money, just what they were designed for.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FrankSpeaks View Post
    FFS we are hardly a month into the year, you will get individual high months, overall the results have been a success, I like the fact that the places the cameras are likely to be are signposted and for the most part the spots are dangerous.
    I will take your point. However nearly double this month as opposed to 12 months ago. That could happen next month or the month after and so on. The point is they DONT control the stats, and their cameras arguably arent doing what they said they would. In the meantime, the money rolls in one way or the other. The spots that are supposed to be dangerous.......people are still getting done for speeding, so the objective is NOT working. Precisely because they WANT people to speed. No one can argue my point about fixed cameras been the best solution. Unfortunately that dosent make the greedy bastids money, hence it wont be applied.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fuque View Post

Worst OP ever. Taking the first 3 weeks of a 52 week year as evidence of something would shame Goebbels.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Rubbish - you cannot statistically compare one-seventeenth of a time period and suggest that it means that the trend is going in the wrong direction for the whole time period. Road deaths are on an overall downward trend and picking three random weeks to suggest that that is not the case is bizarre in the extreme.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Bizarre OP.

2012 was one of the safest years on the roads in Ireland yet the conclusion is that "road safety hasn't improved" based on the first three weeks of January.
    Defend the 8th Amendment against attack by those seeking to introduce taxpayer-funded abortion on demand in Ireland. http://prolifecampaign.ie/

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Skyrocket View Post
    Bizarre OP.

2012 was one of the safest years on the roads in Ireland yet the conclusion is that "road safety hasn't improved" based on the first three weeks of January.
    What will go safes response be when annual stats rise?(with a start like that, bound to be this year) Will they have anyone to answer to? They'll have made millions, will you give a toss?

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast