Follow @PoliticsIE
 
 
 
Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 202

Thread: Anti-Feminist bile in the media

  1. #1

    Default Anti-Feminist bile in the media

    Swedish Feminists Are So Bored They

    The Swedish Feminist raises a valid point here - seemingly small norms of gendered behaviour reinforce male priviledge, which taken to its conclusion does result in rape, the pay gap, anti-choice government, and even anti-male discrimination in the family courts (just thought I'd mention that before someone posts something ignorant about gender equality only benefiting wimyn).

    The refusal of this author to contend with the issue seriously, or listen to what the activist was trying to tell her ill-behooves the article. Sadly, it is not alone in media circles when it comes to bias against the struggle for Gender Equality. Wonder if Vice.com is owned by a man, like pretty much all the rest of the media outlets...

  2. #2
    Ramps
    Guest

    Default

    Gender equality....no 2 men are equal, so htf could men and women ever be equal?

  3. #3
    Politics.ie Member BlackLion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    South-East
    Posts
    4,840
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Feminist were once about female equality in a time where women were little more than slaves to men. Women should be eqaul to men, full stop. but nowadays is seems to be a gang of extremists who hate anything that has a penis.

    Gender Pay Gap Persists: New Female Grads Earn $7,600 Less Than Men, Report Finds - Careers Articles

    Irish women earn 17% less than Irish men - RTÉ News

    the links above prove women nowadays aren't equal to men and that needs to change. it should be fair and might also kill off the feminist movement for good. feminists belong with Misogynists on the dust heap of history.
    All men dream: but not equally. -T. E. Lawrence

  4. #4
    Ramps
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackLion View Post
    Feminist were once about female equality in a time where women were little more than slaves to men. Women should be eqaul to men, full stop. but nowadays is seems to be a gang of extremists who hate anything that has a penis.

    Gender Pay Gap Persists: New Female Grads Earn $7,600 Less Than Men, Report Finds - Careers Articles

    Irish women earn 17% less than Irish men - RTÉ News

    the links above prove women nowadays aren't equal to men and that needs to change. it should be fair and might also kill off the feminist movement for good. feminists belong with Misogynists on the dust heap of history.
    This old chestnut...

    Why anyone who believes men and women are 'equal' would propose to force sexist employers to pay the same wage to men and women is beyond me, for the best way to ensure that such employers go out of business is to allow them to discriminate.

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ramps View Post
    Gender equality....no 2 men are equal, so htf could men and women ever be equal?
    ....

    You can do better than that.
    Repeal the 27th.

  6. #6

    Default

    Derision and the general failure to attempt to engage with or take seriously feminist critiques of seemingly innocuous norms has long been a feature of what passes for public discourse on gender and gender equality.

    Ironically this often serves as evidence of the kind of privilege many anti-feminists seek to deny.
    Repeal the 27th.

  7. #7
    Ramps
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mercurial View Post
    ....

    You can do better than that.
    Why?! It's the truth.

    Men and women are fundamentally different (thank god). Trying to pretend they are not is madness. Now it might be madness caused by good intentions, but it's madness nonetheless. This 'equality' sickness is not just confined to sex; you can see it, for example, in the insurance industry. The idea that a 60 year old man is as risky a bet as a 20 year old man is just delusional.

    Edit: car insurance

  8. #8
    Ramps
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mercurial View Post
    Derision and the general failure to attempt to engage with or take seriously feminist critiques of seemingly innocuous norms has long been a feature of what passes for public discourse on gender and gender equality.

    Ironically this often serves as evidence of the kind of privilege many anti-feminists seek to deny.
    Do you deny that men and women are fundamentally different?

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ramps View Post
    Why?! It's the truth.

    Men and women are fundamentally different (thank god). Trying to pretend they are not is madness. Now it might be madness caused by good intentions, but it's madness nonetheless. This 'equality' sickness is not just confined to sex; you can see it, for example, in the insurance industry. The idea that a 60 year old man is as risky a bet as a 20 year old man is just delusional.

    Edit: car insurance
    I am surprised that you are presenting such an obvious straw man as though it represents what feminists actually believe.
    Repeal the 27th.

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ramps View Post
    Do you deny that men and women are fundamentally different?
    I don't understand the claim. Different in what sense?
    Repeal the 27th.

Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •