Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 66 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: The Astonishing hypocrisy of Sinn Fein

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default The Astonishing hypocrisy of Sinn Fein

The events that have happened in Dundalk in the past 24 hours have shocked a nation. The brutal killing of Detective Garda Adrian Donohoe is a reminder to us all that Gardai put there lives on the line every day they go on duty. My sympathy and the sympathy of a nation goes to Adrians wife and his 2 children at this sad and difficult time. We lost a brave young Garda in such horrible circumstances. May he rest in peace.I hope the animals that carried out such a disgusting outrage will face the full force of the law.

This event has brought back bad memories of the Jerry McCabe killing in Adare in 1996. It was earlier that I read with amazement some comments from SF Councillors on this murder. I found it to be very hypocritical in light of the reaction of SF to the killing of Jerry McCabe in similar circumstances in 1996. SF tried every trick in the book to get the McCabe killers out of serving the sentence the were handed down for the killing of the Garda. If that wasn't bad enough we then had the spectacle of an elected member of our Dail, Martin Ferris TD meeting the convicted Garda killers on their release from prison. A sad day for Ireland.

While reading a statement issued by Louth SF councillors I found it interesting to read this comment "Those responsible are dangerous criminals who have no decency" . Then why did a TD from there party meet men who carried out a similar crime on there release from prison? Surely the McCabe killers were also "Criminals with no decency"? I find it hypocritical that SF did not use the same sort of language to describe the McCabe Killers? Is this language only used for non PIRA criminals?

McCabe killers 'plan reunion at SF party' - News, Frontpage - Herald.ie

Latest News | Sinn Féin

The councillors statement is below taken from the SF website

Councillor Jim Loughran has expressed his "heartfelt sympathy with the family friends and neighbours" of the murdered Garda and has condemned the criminals "who have attacked a community and must be apprehended."

Councillors Jim Loughran and Edel Corrigan who both live within three miles of where the shooting took place said:

"Our whole community is in shock. This is a close-knit community where everybody knows each other. This Garda was admired, trusted and respected by all in the locality. He and his young family are part if the daily life of the area. We want to express our heartfelt sympathy to the Garda's family, friends, colleagues and neighbours at this sad time.

"There is no excuse for the murder that took place in our community tonight. Those responsible are dangerous criminals who have no decency. They went out to commit a crime and fully prepared to murder anyone who stood in their way. Serious crime is leaving communities across the country in fear every day.

"We are asking that everybody help the Gardaí in their enquiries and be respectful of the victims family's grief."
    Last edited by johnny365; 27th January 2013 at 04:41 AM.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by johnny365 View Post
    The events that have happened in Dundalk in the past 24 hours have shocked a nation. The brutal killing of Detective Garda Adrian Donohoe is a reminder to us all that Gardai put there lives on the line ever day they go on duty. My sympathy and the sympathy of a nation goes to Adrians wife and his 2 children at this sad and difficult time. We lost a brave young Garda in such horrible circumstances. May he rest in peace.I hope the animals that carried out such a disgusting outrage will face the full force of the law.

This event has brought back bad memories of the Jerry McCabe killing in Adare in 1996. It was early that I read with amazement some comments from SF Councillors on this murder. I found it to be very hypocritical in light of the reaction of SF to the killing of Jerry McCabe in similar circumstances in 1996. SF tried every trick in the book to get the McCabe killers out of serving the sentence the were handed down for the killing of the Garda. If that wasn't bad enough we then had the spectacle of an elected member of our Dail, Martin Ferris TD meeting the convicted Garda killers on their release from prison. A sad day for Ireland.

While reading a statement issued by Louth SF councillors I found it interesting to read this comment "Those responsible are dangerous criminals who have no decency" . Then why did a TD from there party meet men who carried out a similar crime on there release from prison? Surely the McCabe killers were also "Criminals with no decency"? I find it hypocritical that SF did not use the same sort of language to describe the McCabe Killers. Is this language only used for non PIRA criminals?

McCabe killers 'plan reunion at SF party' - News, Frontpage - Herald.ie

Latest News | Sinn Féin

The councillors statement is below taken from the SF website

Councillor Jim Loughran has expressed his "heartfelt sympathy with the family friends and neighbours" of the murdered Garda and has condemned the criminals "who have attacked a community and must be apprehended."

Councillors Jim Loughran and Edel Corrigan who both live within three miles of where the shooting took place said:

"Our whole community is in shock. This is a close-knit community where everybody knows each other. This Garda was admired, trusted and respected by all in the locality. He and his young family are part if the daily life of the area. We want to express our heartfelt sympathy to the Garda's family, friends, colleagues and neighbours at this sad time.

"There is no excuse for the murder that took place in our community tonight. Those responsible are dangerous criminals who have no decency. They went out to commit a crime and fully prepared to murder anyone who stood in their way. Serious crime is leaving communities across the country in fear every day.

"We are asking that everybody help the Gardaí in their enquiries and be respectful of the victims family's grief."
    But do you like Sinn Fein?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I've little time for SF but isn't it a bit soon for the political football?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

The knives are out the same night a RedC poll shows a rise in support. Hmmm.
    Boycott the "Irish" Sun rag.

Politics.ie Member truthandjustice's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Jaysus Johnny365 that's shockin altogether I hear Mary Lou is doin the caterin for the re union n all an da their migh be rice crippy cakes n fanta n all. Shokin. I'll be ringin uncle Joe on mondaty bou 2:30, listen in wll yi????

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

He's already at it on the thread about the deceased Garda. He did it on the thread about the deceased grandmother Delours Price. He even suggested that the fundamentalist unionists flag riots were SF's fault. Johnny is not just a pig ignorant gobshyte but in his ignorance he disgraces decent unionists. He's too stupid to understand that he's actually alienating people he purports to support and endearing those he intends to ridicule. He seriously misses the violence and death of yore and is having major difficulty with treating the nationalist with equality. I kinda pity him.
    Racism = fear, low self-esteem and breath-taking ignorance.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Johnny. Dickie lost his seat to Ferris more than ten years ago.

Move on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Half Nelson View Post
    I've little time for SF but isn't it a bit soon for the political football?
    Of course it merits discussion.

Irish society has paid a price for being too deferential.

All must be held accountable.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Certainly a 100% rise in the polls for Sinn Fein is keeping some posters awake tonight,

Page 1 of 66 123451151 ... LastLast