Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Coveney Blames Polish Meat Suppliers For Horsemeat Contamination

Default Coveney Blames Polish Meat Suppliers For Horsemeat Contamination

"POLISH meat suppliers are to blame for the horse meat found in burgers, Agriculture Minister Simon Coveney has said."

looks like they have finally found a scapegoat. Silvercrest bought the Polish ingredients to drive down costs, doesn't Silvercrest check its suppliers? Am I asking for too much? wondering if I can buy a real 100% Horseburger anywhere in Ireland now.

Politics.ie Member Tin Foil Hat's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You say scapegoat. I say culprit.
    The level of self-loathing in this country has got to a point where there are actually people who believe that it is impossible for anything to be anyone else's fault but ours.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My understanding is that Coveney was stating what the tests showed. Be fair.
    Racism = fear, low self-esteem and breath-taking ignorance.

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Foil Hat View Post
    The level of self-loathing in this country has got to a point where there are actually people who believe that it is impossible for anything to be anyone else's fault but ours.
    sorry it's late and it's what it is a perfect scapegoat, call it the whipping boy or the fall guy. why is Silvercrest buying this cheap stuff from abroad? there are plenty of suppliers in Ireland. No?

Quote Originally Posted by Kev408 View Post
    My understanding is that Coveney was stating what the tests showed. Be fair.
    yes, yes, all true. the indo made me do it.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWhatIMeanLike View Post
    sorry it's late and it's what it is a perfect scapegoat, call it the whipping boy or the fall guy. why is Silvercrest buying this cheap stuff from abroad? there are plenty of suppliers in Ireland. No?
    Because penny wise equals pound foolish.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Foil Hat View Post
    I go along with that. The source of the problem has been identified. If the culprit is found to have been operating a dodgy business and was in breach of contract lets leave it to the courts for a remedy. If a government department was negligent lets just get on with taking whatever measures to stop a repeat
    People demonise Fianna Fail and they are entitled to do so but same people are not capable of answering a few awkward questions themselves.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

ABP saying that Polish source is unconnected to their plant in Poznan. Pure coincidence.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWhatIMeanLike View Post
    "POLISH meat suppliers are to blame for the horse meat found in burgers, Agriculture Minister Simon Coveney has said."

looks like they have finally found a scapegoat. Silvercrest bought the Polish ingredients to drive down costs, doesn't Silvercrest check its suppliers? Am I asking for too much? wondering if I can buy a real 100% Horseburger anywhere in Ireland now.
    The contamination occured in Ireland

Food Contamination is defined as follows under EU Law: Council Regulation No. 315/93/EEC. "A 'contaminant' for the purposes of Regulation (EEC) No. 315/93 is defined as: 'any substance not intentionally added to food which is present in such food as a result of the production, manufacture, processing, preparation, treatment, packing, packaging, transport or holding of such food or as a result of environmental contamination' "

Food Contaminants | Contamination of Foodstuffs | Food Legislation | Legislation | The Food Safety Authority of Ireland

Politics.ie Member Tin Foil Hat's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by oggy View Post
    I go along with that. The source of the problem has been identified. If the culprit is found to have been operating a dodgy business and was in breach of contract lets leave it to the courts for a remedy. If a government department was negligent lets just get on with taking whatever measures to stop a repeat
    Far from being negligent, Ireland is one of the few countries in the world where this would have ever been discovered.
    This should be a story where we congratulate ourselves, not flagellate ourselves.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast