Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 35 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Russia to ban 'gay propaganda'

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Russia to ban 'gay propaganda'

Russian Duma gives first nod to nationwide ban on gay propaganda

"The Russian Lower House has passed at the first reading a bill banning homosexual propaganda towards minors, which has already been labeled by opponents as anti-gay. The bill was supported by 388 MPs with one vote against and one abstention.

The ban was submitted by deputies from the Novosibirsk Region in Siberia, who had earlier introduced similar local regulations. If approved, it would introduce heavy fines for the promotion of homosexuality among children. Those found guilty of the offence could be fined up to 5000 roubles (about $160), but the fines increase 10-fold for officials and 100-fold for companies."

Russian Duma gives first nod to nationwide ban on gay propaganda — RT

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Obviously a lot of closet gays in Russia.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos the Jackal View Post
    Russian Duma gives first nod to nationwide ban on gay propaganda

"The Russian Lower House has passed at the first reading a bill banning homosexual propaganda towards minors, which has already been labeled by opponents as anti-gay. The bill was supported by 388 MPs with one vote against and one abstention.

The ban was submitted by deputies from the Novosibirsk Region in Siberia, who had earlier introduced similar local regulations. If approved, it would introduce heavy fines for the promotion of homosexuality among children. Those found guilty of the offence could be fined up to 5000 roubles (about $160), but the fines increase 10-fold for officials and 100-fold for companies."

Russian Duma gives first nod to nationwide ban on gay propaganda — RT
    Awful horrendous, reactionary stuff from the Russian political establishment in hoc with the Church.

What exactly is gay propaganda?

Northern Ireland - without forgiveness, there is dysfunctionality.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This is disgraceful.

Russia is on the road to becomming like Saudi Arabia in respect of it's treatment of the LGBT community.
    Coveney's ambition is the be Ireland's next EU Commissar and Ireland will pay a price as he builds his CV to position himself sufficiently loyal to the nEU empire.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

More gay stuff from Putin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Partizan View Post
    Anything distantly gay-related they want to put you away with. Pride marches are a given, but in all likeliness wording will catch you from merely being openly gay, if they choose to want so.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
    This is disgraceful.

Russia is on the road to becomming like Saudi Arabia in respect of it's treatment of the LGBT community.
    What is said is that alot of it is driven by the Church who have been co-opted by the ruling classes to give them 'spiritual' cover while they mismanage and plunder Russia. The Communists knew how destructive an influence that the Church were on Russian society (in that they enforced serfdom on the masses) so kept them in check.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lempo View Post
    Anything distantly gay-related they want to put you away with. Pride marches are a given, but in all likeliness wording will catch you from merely being openly gay, if they choose to want so.
    Even expressing the viewpoint that people should be treated equally irrespective of their religion, sex, race or sexual orientation?

Repeal the 27th.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Awful horrendous, reactionary stuff from the Russian political establishment in hoc with the Church.

The very notion of "gay propaganda" is not so. And the thought that gay people (male or female) "go" after children is a complete myth. This is crazy thinking.

Think of this - the main perpetrators against children are drug pushers. And when I went to an all girls school, drugs were pushed at me every day, I resisted, I also resisted watching Dallas, which they tried to push at me every day.

I know a few gay men who went to school with my boys and I met a few when I travelled - Gentlemen all. This is just a ploy to gather fear and it is despicable.
    Disclosures Tribunal - #OnlyForTheTape...

Page 1 of 35 1234511 ... LastLast