Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Irish Gov employees go commercial....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Irish Gov employees go commercial....

I was interested to read that deputy Irish Data Protection Commissioner, Gary Davis is going to take up a position with Apple as Head of privacy in Europe Davis leaving data protection post to take up Apple job - The Irish Times - Fri, Jan 25, 2013

It's an interesting appointment! I don't know, is Mr Davies one of the leading experts on data protection accross all of Europe?

or

was it more important that he previously worked at the Data protection office in Ireland, which incidentally has responsibility for data protection, and upholding privacy laws for all of EU over tech companies who are headquartered in Ireland (FaceBook, Yahoo etc)..........

Additionally, it's interesting to read also that former NTMA employees are apparently jumping ship to join Irish Banks NTMA to review policy on staff who join banks - The Irish Times - Fri, Jan 25, 2013

Does this type of migration pose any difficulties for the longterm integrity of our regulatory and gov agencies? ......... staff recruitment and retention.......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

He won't last five minutes in the real world! Apparently.
    I wonder what sort of paycut he took?
    Life is hard
    That's why no-one survives

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by firefly123 View Post
    He won't last five minutes in the real world! Apparently.
    I wonder what sort of paycut he took?
    Paycut????????

Not many people jump ship for a paycut.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
    Paycut????????

Not many people jump ship for a paycut.....
    They do if they're going to be sacked anytime soon.

Did it myself. It gets to the point where money and the opportunity to be recognised for the work one does, is too hard to resist.

Politics.ie Member Sister Mercedes's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ShoutingIsLeadership View Post
    Did it myself.
    So you claim.

Politics.ie Member Sister Mercedes's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
    I was interested to read that deputy Irish Data Protection Commissioner, Gary Davis is going to take up a position with Apple as Head of privacy in Europe Davis leaving data protection post to take up Apple job - The Irish Times - Fri, Jan 25, 2013

It's an interesting appointment! I don't know, is Mr Davies one of the leading experts on data protection accross all of Europe?

or

was it more important that he previously worked at the Data protection office in Ireland, which incidentally has responsibility for data protection, and upholding privacy laws for all of EU over tech companies who are headquartered in Ireland (FaceBook, Yahoo etc)..........

Additionally, it's interesting to read also that former NTMA employees are apparently jumping ship to join Irish Banks NTMA to review policy on staff who join banks - The Irish Times - Fri, Jan 25, 2013

Does this type of migration pose any difficulties for the longterm integrity of our regulatory and gov agencies? ......... staff recruitment and retention.......
    Regulator takes up job with company he was Regulating?

Quote Originally Posted by Sister Mercedes View Post
    So you claim.
    I don't claim anything; I couldn't give a toss what you think about my work life.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ShoutingIsLeadership View Post
    I don't claim anything; I couldn't give a toss what you think about my work life.
    I, for one, salute the fact that you have the guts to say what you do despite the bile incurred.
    Many others just snipe from the sidelines and either run from personal admissions or lie to suit the occasion.

Quote Originally Posted by Prester Jim View Post
    I, for one, salute the fact that you have the guts to say what you do despite the
    bile incurred.
    Many others just snipe from the sidelines and either run from personal admissions or lie to suit the occasion.

A brain-drain will take place in the public sector over the next few years.

Don't expect the likes of Elderfield and others to hang around. Certain parts of the PS have become no more than nurseries for private sector jobs.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast