Follow @PoliticsIE
 
 
 
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 34

Thread: Are the media drugged up on renewable energy

  1. #1
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    17,834
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default Are the media drugged up on renewable energy

    Over 8 scientific studies and reports demonstrate that attempting to produce real usable mains electric power from the weather is futile. It has been tried down through the decades since mains electricity was introduced in the 1920s. It failed. The current obsession with wind and solar energy is sustained by subsidy schemes the like of which have been never witnessed. In Ireland, the emphasis is on wind turbines. We already have 1,900 mega watts of wind with average total daily demand of about 3,400 mega Watts. Yet we see no benefit to consumers. Renewable energy is a vast fraud, fed by subsidies, lies, misinformation and corruption. It involves the largest transfer of wealth from the poor to the rich ever witnessed. So successful has the Public Relations spin been and so successful has been the industries attempts to keep critics away from the airwaves and newspapers, that only one side of the debate is heard. In the 1970s Gay Byrne would air a topic on the late late show, but he would always have on panellists to give the opposing view, irrespective of how unpopular it was. Not so to-day. Unless conventional wisdom is preserved, access is denied. In the ESB's 2004 report on the impact of wind energy on the Irish grid system, they said at page 24. "At low levels of wind energy penetration there is a contribution, but as the amount of wind in the system increases the contribution decreases and tends towards zero." That is from the people who make the stuff, they aught to know! The subsidies for wind energy is driving up our electricity prices as we must pay for a duplicate system, one which does not work. The reason is that the media is drugged up on renewable energy, science and engineering were never strong points with journalists. The entire waste is happening under their radar. So if this is true, why are we buying their product?

  2. #2
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    4,952
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by valamhic View Post
    It involves the largest transfer of wealth from the poor to the rich ever witnessed.
    Full moon tonight then.
    A demagogue is someone who will preach doctrines he knows to be untrue to men he knows to be idiots.

  3. #3
    Politics.ie Member Telemachus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    A Dirac Sea
    Posts
    6,570
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Paragraphs please.
    ..the Irish nation can become other than white, by privileging the voices of the racialised and subverting state immigration but also integration policies. Ronit Lentin

  4. #4
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    17,834
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    http://www.eirgrid.com/media/2004%20...e%20above).pdf


    Google this and see page 24 paragraph 2. As wind increases the contribution decreases incrementally to zero. There is no doubt wind does not work, put my question is why is nothing seen in the media ?

  5. #5
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    17,834
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    At NUI Galway an event was to be held on Ireland's future energy requirements. Eamon Ryan former green minister is taking part. In order to show balance, Pat Swords who opposes wind energy in Ireland and took a UNECE compliance which found Ireland and the EU to be in breach of their legally binding obligations to carry out the proper assessment was to attend and was allocated time to present his case. This is now changed , only allocating him 5 - 7 minutes, Worse still, the moderator was to be independent. Yiou know who they selected, " DUNCAN STUART" who makes his living from blowing about wind energy. Off course there will nothing about that in the media either

  6. #6
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    17,834
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    Sustainable Energy Association of Ireland advise government on matters "energy". Their chairman is Brendan Halligan who is also on the board of Mainstream renewable power.

    Is that not a conflict of interest is ever there was one?

  7. #7
    Politics.ie Member Dadaist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    13,655
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    1) What exactly do media outlets have to gain by blindly backing renewable energy?

    2) When electricity generation was in it's infancy, it was extremely expensive and highly inefficient. New technologies need time to develop.

    3) 6% of the US's energy is produced through renewable energy. Germany were at 6% in 2000, they are now at 25% and it is surpassing all of its benchmarks to be 80 % renewable-powered by 2050. If the US were to follow this model of increase in renewable energy production, you would have two out of the top three industrial nations, hugely reducing emissions and becoming environmental role models for the rest of the planet.

    But hey, what do the Germans know?

  8. #8
    Politics.ie Member The Field Marshal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The Imperial Throne
    Posts
    44,291
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by valamhic View Post
    http://www.eirgrid.com/media/2004%20...e%20above).pdf


    Google this and see page 24 paragraph 2. As wind increases the contribution decreases incrementally to zero. There is no doubt wind does not work, put my question is why is nothing seen in the media ?
    The mainstream media RTE and BBC are state owned entities.
    Govts in states like Ireland and Gt Britain have a vested interest in promoting false scaremongering propoganda concerning so called climate change .

    [Its very easy to do since the scientific complexities surrounding climate are not at all fully understood and exceptionaly complex.]

    The root of this falsehood is that mans activities are the primary cause.

    The reason this falsehood is propagated is to raise taxation on the basis that all emissions from human activity are harmful and must be culled or taxed.

    This is the big lie peddled primarily by left wing governments.


    RTE and the BBC are deeply contaminated and polluted by left wing ideological types eager to suck govt ass.

    Thats the unfortunate reality.
    Repeal the thirty-fourth amendment of the Irish constitution :
    Children have a basic right to be reared by a mother and a father.

  9. #9
    Politics.ie Member Dadaist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    13,655
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Field Marshal View Post
    The mainstream media RTE and BBC are state owned entities.
    Govts in states like Ireland and Gt Britain have a vested interest in promoting false scaremongering propoganda concerning so called climate change .

    [Its very easy to do since the scientific complexities surrounding climate are not at all fully understood and exceptionaly complex.]

    The root of this falsehood is that mans activities are the primary cause.

    The reason this falsehood is propagated is to raise taxation on the basis that all emissions from human activity are harmful and must be culled or taxed.

    This is the big lie peddled primarily by left wing governments.


    RTE and the BBC are deeply contaminated and polluted by left wing ideological types eager to suck govt ass.

    Thats the unfortunate reality.
    Even if you are correct, which you are not. What happens when all our fosil fuels run out?

  10. #10
    Dylan2010
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dadaist View Post
    Even if you are correct, which you are not. What happens when all our fosil fuels run out?
    thats not a clever way to ask the question, running out implies all fossil fuels going to 0 output. whats that in a 100 years time?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •