Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nolan Show BBC NI 23-1-13 = Gay Marriage, Country and Western Music and The Border Poll

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Nolan Show BBC NI 23-1-13 = Gay Marriage, Country and Western Music and The Border Poll

Presented by Stephen Nolan
    Stephen Nolan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

BBC iPlayer - The Nolan Show: Series 2: Episode 7

BBC Radio Ulster - The Nolan Show

Panel - Border Poll

Arlene Foster (DUP)
    Arlene Foster - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Alex Maskey (SF)
    Alex Maskey - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Arlene back tracking on her 'calling SF's bluff' and Alex spluttering through the economic benifits of a United Ireland.

Hate to say it people but another loaded audience this week.

Panel - Gay Marriage

Jonathan Bell (DUP)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonatha...(UK_politician)
    John O'Doherty - Rainbow Project
    The Rainbow Project: promoting the health and well being of lesbian, gay, bisexual and/or transgender people and their families in Northern Ireland.

Dinner - Gay Marriage
    John O'Doherty - Rainbow Project (see above)
    Deboragh McNamara - Mother of gay son
    Pastor Mark Bradfield - Bethel Baptist Church
    Bethel Baptist Church Home Page
    Rev Prof. Drew Gibson - The Union Theological College
    Home : Union Theological College Belfast, Northern Ireland , UK

On the gay marriage issue, I was sorry to see that there was no catholic priest at the table for the discussion seeing as they're just as opposed to it. Maybe Steve just doesn't like catholics in his home or that homosexuality is just a protestant issue.
    IF YOU'RE LOOKING FOR A FIGHT, YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT SITE = P.ie - Brings out the worst in people!

Politics.ie Member InsideImDancing's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Must say Maskey was poor, I mean who could fail to destroy the joke that is Foster?

Jeepers wept.

The caller who came on spanked her in five seconds flat, i'll paraphrase;

"if northern Ireland requires a ten or five billion subvention then how in the name of all that is fek'n holy can that be used as a parameter of success ya fek'n bleedin' eejit ye?!"
    Police ombudsman Nula O'loan - We found collusion on a massive scale, murders, intimidation, directing terrorism, attempted murder, drug smuggling, the list of crimes is endless..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by InsideImDancing View Post
    Must say Maskey was poor, I mean who could fail to destroy the joke that is Foster?

Jeepers wept.

The caller who came on spanked her in five seconds flat, i'll paraphrase;

"if northern Ireland requires a ten or five billion subvention then how in the name of all that is fek'n holy can that be used as a parameter of success ya fek'n bleedin' eejit ye?!"
    Yeah, Alex seemed to be caught flat footed at the start. Arlene even worse. Whipping out the standard DUP clichés and a few new ones. Tried to disregard figures her own party supplied regarding subvention and uturned on the border poll.
    IF YOU'RE LOOKING FOR A FIGHT, YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT SITE = P.ie - Brings out the worst in people!

Politics.ie Member InsideImDancing's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abaddon View Post
    Yeah, Alex seemed to be caught flat footed at the start. Arlene even worse. Whipping out the standard DUP clichés and a few new ones. Tried to disregard figures her own party supplied regarding subvention and uturned on the border poll.
    SF's main reason for the end of partition should be very simple, it hasn't fek'n worked, even remotely and a blind fek'n dog could see that.
    Sectarian carve-up perpetuates Sectarianism shocker!

As for Arlene, would you?petuniapetuniapetunia

Btw mate they were always going to uturn on the border poll, either way I think SF score a win with that one.
    Police ombudsman Nula O'loan - We found collusion on a massive scale, murders, intimidation, directing terrorism, attempted murder, drug smuggling, the list of crimes is endless..

Politics.ie Member Global Justice's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I find SF's arguments thus far about a border poll lousy.

It's the same repetitive 'duplication of services' and 'pool all our resources' crap. I mean damn, where's the Irish republicanism? Where's the actual political, social and ideological benefits that should roll of the tongue? SF seems to be like a deer caught in headlights over this.

The arguments put forth on this forum for a UI would shame what Alex Maskey and Gerry Kelly have said recently on TV and the radio.

Politics.ie Member NewGoldDream's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Not one mention of Nathan Carter...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Brits very precious about letting only UK-people view their BBC player. Must take your word for it. Evidently partition is also a reality online.
    Real News.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The north is more trouble than iits worth, when they say a boder poll will we have a right to vote no.down here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dame_Enda View Post
    Brits very precious about letting only UK-people view their BBC player. Must take your word for it. Evidently partition is also a reality online.
    Why would they let non-license payers watch their content? Hardly surprising.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NewGoldDream View Post
    Not one mention of Nathan Carter...
    I didn't think Nathan's music had the potential to cause civil unrest or impact on society in the way the other two subjects do, so i didn't list it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast