Follow @PoliticsIE

Thread: Davos and the $14 trillion report.

Default Davos and the $14 trillion report.

I finally got around to reading this weeks issue of the Engineer magazine and what do I find inside, there is a link to report at the bottom of the article and a link to a video presentation halfway down the article.

World leaders heading home from this week’s Davos economic forum, will leave with a stark prediction ringing in their ears: invest trillions of dollars in green technology or face economic and environmental meltdown.
    The warning is made in a report released by the Green Growth Action Alliance, a group led by former Mexican President Felipe Calderon which includes over fifty of the world’s largest energy companies as well as, amongst others, the World Bank, Deutsche Bank and the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development.

Acknowledging that public funds are limited, and increased public-spending isn’t particularly compatible with the current climate of international-belt tightening, the report’s emphasis is firmly on supporting private investment. Indeed, citing observations of climate-specific investment, it argues that a relatively small increase in highly targeted public spending to around $130 billion per year could secure private capital in the region of $570 billion per years.

There’s no getting away from the fact that the figures discussed are pretty huge. $700 billion a year for the next 20 years is $14 trillion.......................................

Any thoughts ?
    Best regards, Pat.Twitter-energy economy news _ _ Each to their ability, together we progress.

Northern Ireland - without forgiveness, there is dysfunctionality.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I reckon it is just an exercise in superficiality.

The fact is that the reality priority is ensuring a monopolistic sense of agreement on the need to continue bailing out rich gamblers.

Never mind the headlines. Follow what is happening to the money, to get the real story.
    Coveney's ambition is the be Ireland's next EU Commissar and Ireland will pay a price as he builds his CV to position himself sufficiently loyal to the nEU empire.

Quote Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
    I reckon it is just an exercise in superficiality.

The fact is that the reality priority is ensuring a monopolistic sense of agreement on the need to continue bailing out rich gamblers.

Never mind the headlines. Follow what is happening to the money, to get the real story.
    Or it could be the chosen veheicle for kickstarting the world economy back to life ?

I do doubt that the banking system really cares about anything other making money but maybe I'm wrong
    Best regards, Pat.Twitter-energy economy news _ _ Each to their ability, together we progress.