Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Quinns being cross examined in court

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Quinns being cross examined in court

The Quinns are back in court being cross examined today and first up was Ciara who admitted opening 4 bank accounts in Dubai after IBRC had started procedings. I only heard a bit from the news which mentioned something about getting a contract for work and not being able to read it.

I am surprised by the lack of coverage this is getting in the media, one small article in the Irish Times, nothing on the RTE website that I can find and no threads here on Politics.ie

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by partnership View Post
    The Quinns are back in court being cross examined today and first up was Ciara who admitted opening 4 bank accounts in Dubai after IBRC had started procedings. I only heard a bit from the news which mentioned something about getting a contract for work and not being able to read it.

I am surprised by the lack of coverage this is getting in the media, one small article in the Irish Times, nothing on the RTE website that I can find and no threads here on Politics.ie
    Reports on the Quinns are getting a bit predictable and tiresome, I suppose.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The daughter can't remember how she spent 370'000 euros in one year.
    Has no records of a transfer of 379k from Cavan to Moscow apart from text messages, but "mobile was stolen last year"....
    She didn't believe it was a significant enough event to keep records of.
    Asked about 2 bonuses she received she said she couldn't remember the exact amount "I'm not good with maths" she said......They were 50k each bonus.
    Quinn has 'no records' of €370k spend - The Irish Times - Fri, Jan 25, 2013
    Time to get that big trailer back up in the town square again.

Politics.ie Member Frank Galton's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'd love to see the expression on Justice Kelly's face as her evidence is being presented ....
    Ms Quinn also said she wasn't clear about a 2 million roubles bonus paid to her from a Russian division of the International Property Group.
    She said she was not sure about the figures and was not great with numbers. She said she did not know what the number converted to.
    Mr Gallagher said it amounted to €50,000 and he said it was inconceivable that she did not have documents in relation to this.
    She said she had no documentation except text messages.
    Aoife Quinn kept no receipts for
    The Daily Mail -- the world's biggest cut-and-paste operation.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

No harm for these charlatans to be put under pressure, particularly the contemptible daughters who seem to have 10 times more brass neck and sense of entitlement than the male members of the family.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Bit of jail-time might refresh her memory.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

From the Irish Times:

Standard Quinn Defence No.1, previous seen as "ah sure I am only a house wife"

Asked about two bonuses of about €50,000 paid to her from the companies, she said she could not recall the exact amount.
    “I’m not sure of the figure,” she said.
    “I’m not great with maths, especially in my head and especially under pressure.”
    Standard Quinn Defence No.2 - I know I did a bad thing last year but because I was scared I destroyed all evidence & can't do anything now.

“I believe that this was a reaction to the bank trying to take everything off us,” she said.
    “That was our reaction whether it was right or not.”
    I know this country has a shocking record of punishing white collar crime but time the Quinns were given long prison sentences.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The court performances make a mockery of the state.

I'm sure their supporters think it's great craic altogether.

Sickening.

Politics.ie Member nicht besonders's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Reminiscent of Bertie at the Tribunal...
    'Politics' is made up of two words, 'poli,' which is Greek for 'many,' and 'tics,' which are blood-sucking insects. - Gore Vidal

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast