Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 35 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Do people REALLY believe this is a low tax economy?

Politics.ie Member Disillusioned democrat's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Do people REALLY believe this is a low tax economy?

I just did a 60 second tot on my P60 that I just received this evening and was genuinely shocked to realise that the government was earning more from my labour than I am....10% more to be precise.

I get to take home 45% of my gross salary - albeit including Employer PRSI on the basis that it's still a tax on MY labour.

The government take 55% of the cost of employing me to spend on public services and it's seeming still NOT ENOUGH, they're all running around delighted that we're back in the bond markets to BORROW more money that I'll have to pay off later, from my pension, savings from net salary, etc.

It's completely obscene that the government can sit smugly around the cabinet when we're being ripped off to this extent, and all the worse that the international banksters are prepared to pour more money into the blackhole that will have to be paid off at some stage.

All of a sudden a few days/weeks/months of the ATMs running dry in 2008 seeems like a small price to pay for avoiding the ongoing financial rape we're suffereing now.
    The more things change....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

You must be doing something wrong.

Absolutely no way that income tax, usc & prsi should exceed 50% of your salary.

Did you get your annual tax credits ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

+ 1

hbap and hammer will be along in a few minutes to accuse you of been a dirty shinner
    "If we VOTE YES there will be no more austere budgets. Fact " Hammer, mayday 12'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hammer View Post
    You must be doing something wrong.

Absolutely no way that income tax, usc & prsi should exceed 50% of your salary.

Did you get your annual tax credits ?
    Included employers PRSI because realistically that's a tax on my labour also - if they didn't have to pay the government they could be paying me!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by neiphin View Post
    + 1

hbap and hammer will be along in a few minutes to accuse you of been a dirty shinner
    Wow - he actually beat you too it...except for the shiner bit...

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Disillusioned democrat View Post
    I just did a 60 second tot on my P60 that I just received this evening and was genuinely shocked to realise that the government was earning more from my labour than I am....10% more to be precise.

I get to take home 45% of my gross salary - albeit including Employer PRSI on the basis that it's still a tax on MY labour.

The government take 55% of tye cost of employing me to spend on public services and it's seeming still NOT ENOUGH, they're all running around delighted that we're back in the bond markets to BORROW more money that I'll have to pay off later, from my pension, savings from net salary, etc.

It's completely obscene that the government can sit smugly around the cabinet when we're being ripped off to this extent, and all the worse that the international banksters are prepared to pour more money into the blackhole that will have to be paid off at some stage.

All of a sudden a few days/weeks/months of the ATMs running dry in 2008 seeems like a small price to pay for avoiding the ongoing financial rape we're suffereing now.

In 1983 they had 69% of my income so be happy , in 1984 the had 0% , still think of all those wonderful public servants you are paying for

Politics.ie Member stopdoingstuff's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Included employers PRSI because realistically that's a tax on my labour also - if they didn't have to pay the government they could be paying me!!!
    Don't forget you pay VAT and motor tax too.
    Faoi mhóid bheith saor

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It's a low income tax economy for those earning less that €35k - above that, it's at the higher end in the OECD.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It's not a low tax economy. The Irish tax take is above the EU average.

But it is a high spend economy - up there with Germany, Holland and Austria.

The difference (39% last year) comes from borrowings.

We've spent 8 years tax take in the last 5 years.

Keep her lit!
    "Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest." Mark Twain

“When a government is dependent upon bankers for money, they and not the leaders of the government control the situation, since the hand that gives is above the hand that takes. Money has no motherland; financiers are without patriotism and without decency; their sole object is gain.” Napoléon Bonaparte

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Still seems a bit high. I`ll try it with €100,000 on pwc website

Page 1 of 35 1234511 ... LastLast